out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Obviously Allegri sees the form and fitness of the players throughout the week, so assuming all were fit (Matuidi wasn't) the only thing I'd question would be why Ronaldo and Pjanic (who has hardly been great) were rested for this particularly difficult game when we have Sampdoria and Chievo at home next two games. Also Bonucci, he is currently only useful in games like those now.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I thought he would sub Bentancur at half-time considering he could have been sent off in the 44th minute. I don't think Banti needed to see much in the 2nd half to send him off, let alone that ridiculous challenge.

Oct 23, 2011
My only issue with Allegri today is that he should have subbed Bentancur either at half time or very early in the second half, considering he already committed a foul very early in the 2nd half and we could see the red coming from a mile away. I don't blame him for resting Pjanic and Ronaldo who both could have used rest. The fact we have a terrible midfield without Pjanic and Matuidi is not related. This was always going to be a difficult fixture and, especially considering the circumstances, I am ok with a point.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Pro:

Serie A: 18 games - 50 points
CL: First in the group stage

This is 100% fulfilled objectives.

--------------------------------------------------
Con:

Overall our style of play is not clinical enough lately and we are still finding the balance between good defensive work and expressive creativity in attack. Personally I wouldn't blame Allegri for the mistakes that Bonucci makes or that Costa, Dybala, Bernardeschi and Pjanic are not creative enough in the past two months. Cancelo's injury is also a problem because he was our second or third best player so far this season.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Allegri is too loyal towards veterans. Everyone can see that Khedira and Barzagli are finished at top level. Everyone could also see that Pirlo was finished in his last season here. Max insists on playing these MLS ready players.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Allegri is too loyal towards veterans. Everyone can see that Khedira and Barzagli are finished at top level. Everyone could also see that Pirlo was finished in his last season here. Max insists on playing these MLS ready players.
He is just being stubborn, like many coaches nowadyas... so i dont know if the blame is on him for this. Or maybe it is.

The Khedira, Bonucci Barzagli overuse is not acceptable to be honest. He also overuses Mandzukic but at least he is useful, unlike the other 3. Still is bad to be inflexible with him but at least Mandzukic is useful on his day.

Khedira is a player that was asked personally by allegri, the same with mandzukic. He nailed it with the croat... but khedira is an issue that will be here until Allegri goes. We are stuck with him sadly.

Bonucci is also a serious matter... but i dont think it was totally allegris fault...as Higuain, CR7 and Beppe himself have to do with the circumstances that brought Bonucci here. What Allegri IS doing wrong is trusting Bonucci no mater what instead of trying to develop Rugani or using Benatia more. Bonucci on his best days , can deliver a killer pass for Ronaldo... but now those passes (which lets be honest are his saving grace) are scarce. Instead he is commiting infinite blunders ....but somehow is still playing.

I dont understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 42, Guests: 300)