out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
This is something i have been saying since a long time. people moan that beppe is giving him scraps and he has nothing to work with in some areas... but he also never puts beppe in his place and demands someone.

His motto is "bring me something and ill sort it out"... but because of this, we are in the mess we are right now. He needs to man up and demand some players. Conte was an extremists, demanding dreams... but allegri is totally the opposite...letting marotta do as he pleases.

Put some pressure on him and the board for once. In the end, it only damages him.
He cant keep bailing beppe.
How come you know that?

Pretty sure he demands players, but what you wish for and what you get are two different things.

We aren't in the position to cherry pick players like EPL teams. Max is probably telling Beppe which kind of players he needs, players with certain characteristics, and that's about it. That's where Beppes work starts.

It would be foolish to think a coach doesn't demand players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
How come you know that?

Pretty sure he demands players, but what you wish for and what you get are two different things.

We aren't in the position to cherry pick players like EPL teams. Max is probably telling Beppe which kind of players he needs, players with certain characteristics, and that's about it. That's where Beppes work starts.

It would be foolish to think a coach doesn't demand players.
I read something about that long time ago, and was a quote from him if i remember correctly. Ill try to look for it.

Im pretty sure he asked for draxler when we were interested in a Treq. But he got hernanes, How cringe that can be?
We all know beppe is kind of hand tied.. but come on.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We have this thing at major events, we still remember everything exactly about where we where, what we did, how the surroundings looked.

I remember when this when Conte left. It remains by far and away the largest post calciopoli shock i've had
Agree. Everyone overreacted in the heat of the moment at the time. But considering how poor we were in CL at the time , people eventually felt he'd be an upgrade considering his track record with Milan in Europe. Atleast that's how I felt after the initial meltdown.

Apr 19, 2007
Im not so sure that because he doesnt suggest certain players he doesnt have a say. Im sure he has a chat with Beppe and they go over team needs and who he doesnt want on the team and who he finds important. He probably said he wanted dynamic wingers and has gotten them but he didnt say I want Berna and Costa. Thats Beppes job and he knows that

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Agree. Everyone overreacted in the heat of the moment at the time. But considering how poor we were in CL at the time , people eventually felt he'd be an upgrade considering his track record with Milan in Europe. Atleast that's how I felt after the initial meltdown.
Exactly !

I remember that i started to look at what he did with Milan, and then saw how he somehow got that stripped out side past the groupstages again, and how his impressive tactical plan shut down barcelona prime despite having shitty the peasant midfield fucks running around

Sure, Ambrosini and Flamini arent bad, but lets be honest. That was Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in their primes they were shutting down.

If Niang didnt went full nigga on the return leg , they would have actually done it.

I'm happy Niang's career went complete retard afterwards

- - - Updated - - -

Im not so sure that because he doesnt suggest certain players he doesnt have a say. Im sure he has a chat with Beppe and they go over team needs and who he doesnt want on the team and who he finds important. He probably said he wanted dynamic wingers and has gotten them but he didnt say I want Berna and Costa. Thats Beppes job and he knows that
Thats exactly why Allegri and Marotta work well.

He's not a classic EPL fucktard coach that goes like "ermagod i need exactly this and this name so go pay 350% fee".

Nope

Allegri tells Beppe, "Dai beppe, dynamic wingers who add quality will do". And thats exactly what Marotta purchases.

I actually like this style. We arent some posh team that signs names. We sign a style of player that we need, and we dont give two shits about the name.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Exactly !

I remember that i started to look at what he did with Milan, and then saw how he somehow got that stripped out side past the groupstages again, and how his impressive tactical plan shut down barcelona prime despite having shitty the peasant midfield fucks running around

Sure, Ambrosini and Flamini arent bad, but lets be honest. That was Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in their primes they were shutting down.

If Niang didnt went full nigga on the return leg , they would have actually done it.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not a classic EPL fucktard coach that goes like "ermagod i need exactly this and this name so go pay 350% fee".

Nope

Allegri tells Beppe, "Dai beppe, dynamic wingers who add quality will do". And thats exactly what Marotta purchases.

I actually like this style. We arent some posh team that signs names. We sign a style of player that we need, and we dont give two shits about the name.

I am not sure which Milan games were so impressive to you? His record against Barca with Milan is 3 draws and 5 losses and in all but 1 loss there was at least a 2 goal gap. They held on to draws with their dear lives in the home legs then got smashed in the return leg, which is completely unsurprising.

13.09.2011 2011/12 CL Group stage FC Barcelona - AC Milan 2:2 (1:1)
23.11.2011 2011/12 CL Group stage AC Milan - FC Barcelona 2:3 (1:2)
28.03.2012 2011/12 CL 1/4 Final AC Milan - FC Barcelona 0:0 (0:0)
03.04.2012 2011/12 CL 1/4 Final FC Barcelona - AC Milan 3:1 (2:1)
20.02.2013 2012/13 CL 1/8 Final AC Milan - FC Barcelona 2:0 (0:0)
12.03.2013 2012/13 CL 1/8 Final FC Barcelona - AC Milan 4:0 (2:0)
22.10.2013 2013/14 CL Group stage AC Milan - FC Barcelona 1:1 (1:1)
06.11.2013 2013/14 CL Group stage FC Barcelona - AC Milan 3:1 (2:1)

2011/12 is the only season where you could say they gave barca some trouble but snatching two draws and a narrow loss out of the 4 times they played that season. But that wasnt the best Barca at all. Madrid won the league that season and this is 13/14 the Barca that lost to Chelsea.

2013/14 is similarly a poor Barca season, losing the league to ATM and getting knocked out of the CL to ATM as well and yet they had no problems dispatching AC Milan in the group stage.

2012/13's barca won the league and got bulldozed by Bayern in the famous 7-0 semis but had no trouble bashing Milan 4-0 and 2-0.

Ofcourse post selling Ibra and Silva, these Milan squads were shit I am not blaming Allegri for not getting results this is impossible. But certainly the games against Barca werent some indicators of tactical genius were Messi and Co were helpless. They won and comfortably most of the time and in the rare occasions when they didnt it was a draw.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly !

- - - Updated - - -

Nope

I am not sure which Milan games were so impressive to you? His record against Barca with Milan is 3 draws and 5 losses and in all but 1 loss there was at least a 2 goal gap. They held on to draws with their dear lives in the home legs then got smashed in the return leg, which is completely unsurprising.

2011/12 is the only season where you could say they gave barca some trouble but snatching two draws and a narrow loss out of the 4 times they played that season. But that wasnt the best Barca at all. Madrid won the league that season and this is the Barca that lost to Chelsea.

2013/14 is similarly a poor Barca season, losing the league to ATM and getting knocked out of the CL to ATM as well and yet they had no problems dispatching AC Milan in the group stage.

2012/13's barca won the league and got bulldozed by Bayern in the famous 7-0 semis but had no trouble bashing Milan 4-0 and 2-0.

Ofcourse post selling Ibra and Silva, these Milan squads were shit I am not blaming Allegri for not getting results this is impossible. But certainly the games against Barca werent some indicators of tactical genius were Messi and Co were helpless. They won and comfortably most of the time and in the rare occasions when they didnt it was a draw.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

2011/12 is the only season where you could say they gave barca some trouble but snatching two draws and a narrow loss out of the 4 times they played that season. But that wasnt the best Barca at all. Madrid won the league that season and this is 13/14 the Barca that lost to Chelsea.

- - - Updated - - -

2011/12 is the only season where you could say they gave barca some trouble but snatching two draws and a narrow loss out of the 4 times they played that season. But that wasnt the best Barca at all. Madrid won the league that season and this is the Barca that lost to Chelsea.

Lol, you got the 2012-13 season completely wrong. Milan won the first match 2-0 and would have qualified if Niang hadn't missed that one on one in the second leg.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Barca won the return leg 4-0. How was a missed chance from Niang desisive?
Both Robinho and Niang missed sitters. Milan bottled it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the QF return leg in 2012, Barca were gifted two soft penalties which put them through. If you look beyond the overall stats, you'll realize Allegri's Milan went toe to toe with Barca if you actually watched all those games.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Barca won the return leg 4-0. How was a missed chance from Niang desisive?
Messi scored 1-0 on the next chance. Milan had to keep going after the 3-0 which caused the 4-0

General knowledge against real and Barca, reason of high scoring games is when you are forced to keep attacking and they kill you with counters.

Or if that doesn't work, imaginary penalties and red cards

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri 'not jealous' of Sarrismo
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri explained why Juventus “could never play” like Napoli or embrace Maurizio Sarri’s style of football. “All that’s left is what’s written in history books.”

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), click here for a match preview.

You can read the entire Press conference as it happened on the LIVEBLOG.

Napoli and Maurizio Sarri have been praised for their style of football, but Allegri notes there’s more to football than entertainment.

“I speak of objective facts. The facts state Juventus have 85 points and Napoli 81. I hear a lot of talk, I listen and I have fun. I keep my opinions to myself, or you can go to the bar in Livorno and ask my friends what I think. :D

“Sarri has done extraordinary work. He inherited a team from Rafa Benitez and moved Marek Hamsik to wide midfield, that’s the main difference. He builds his games on defence, as he only has Arkadiusz Milik who is tall and good in the air, the others are all little. :D

“He put together a team that is beautiful to watch, but also got some very good results over the years. He has improved a lot from his time in Lega Pro and is proving his worth.

“Over the last six years, Napoli have changed about one player, as far as I can tell. I think that’s an advantage. Over the last four years, Juventus changed many players and did extraordinary work on the market, bringing in players with different characteristics to those we had.”

Allegri was asked if he was jealous that Sarri has a style of football named after him – Sarrismo – whereas nobody talks about Allegrismo.

“I am not jealous. I am glad that after so many years of hard work, Sarri has reached the level he deserves.

“All Coaches learn from their experience and improve every year, seeing what needs to be improved or tweaked. I think a Coach should make the most of his characteristics and the qualities within the squad.

“Sarri is making Napoli play well and getting the best out of the characteristics of his players. Juventus could never play the same way as Napoli, because we’ve got a much stronger physical impact and height, whereas they are all pretty short.

“At the end of the day, all Coaches have one objective: to win. The strategy and the way of getting there is not the same. If I usually find two open doors and one day they are closed, I have to find another strategy.

“The fact remains, all that is left is what’s written down in the history books.

“Napoli’s season is extraordinary, but they have been for several years now with the style of football and good results. They spent an entire solar year on top of the table. They’ve become a reality both on an Italian and European level, so Italian football ought to be proud.”

Sarri spoke about pressure, claiming Napoli had nothing to lose in Turin, so Allegri hit back with a joke.

“Napoli don’t have pressure with the Champions League, Europa League or Coppa Italia, so it’s only right that Juventus win, right?

“It’s wonderful to play these games, whether in Madrid, the Coppa Italia Final or a Champions League Final. We’ve got some great fixtures coming up and should go into them with great enthusiasm.

“If Napoli finish ahead of us come May 20, we’ll tip our hats to them, but for now we are ahead.

“Right now all we have to do is do. There’s no distraction, there’s no calculations. When the fixture list came out, as always, I looked at the final six rounds and I said the Scudetto would certainly be decided in these final weeks.

“The fact Juve and Napoli reach the last five with a four-point gap was improbable, because we can both reach at least 96 points. In any case, regardless of how our season went, we could not mathematically be safe winning the title with five games to go.

“Juventus have the points we deserve. There’s no reason to say oh if we’d won at SPAL or Crotone. We can’t win all the time. Juventus put in a lot of effort in Madrid and it was natural we’d leave something behind afterwards, as that’s physiological.

At Crotone we conceded another goal with a bicycle kick. This year, we’re having trouble with bicycle kicks… Hopefully there won’t be another tomorrow.:lol::lol:

:delpiero:

- - - Updated - - -

-----------------------------------

Allegri: 'Decisive only for Napoli'
By Football Italia staff

Massimiliano Allegri insists the Scudetto showdown in Turin is “decisive for Napoli, but not for Juventus” and Gonzalo Higuain will make the difference.

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), click here for a match preview.

You can read the entire Press conference as it happened on the LIVEBLOG.

“We’re in better psychological shape than Napoli. It’s very simple, tomorrow a mini-league begins of five games, we have a four-point advantage,” said the Coach.

“There are other points available to win the title. It’ll certainly be important for Serie A, but it won’t be decisive.”

Allegri was asked about reports Paulo Dybala could be dropped, in part because of a thigh injury.

“I haven’t yet decided the line-up. Dybala is in good shape, I don’t understand why he shouldn’t be. We’ve recovered almost everyone, so we are ready to take on tomorrow’s wonderful evening of sport with two teams who are creating a great title race and at the end of May, the best team will win.

“If Juventus are the best, we’ll finish first. If Napoli are the best, we’ll finish second and tip our hats to them.

“Juventus are having a very good season, we have 85 points and there are five rounds to go. On the other side, Napoli are having an equally important campaign, as they are on 81 points and can reach 96.

“It’s a football match, we’ll play it calmly. We know that we are facing a side that has been up there for the whole season. It’ll be very decisive for them, but we have a four-point advantage, so we know that we can get points elsewhere without problems.

“I have two or three doubts, but not just for the starting XI. It’s a long game, it’s important to have one or two options who can come off the bench and change the game.

“I have to decide whether to play with Dybala, without Dybala, or maybe I’ll wake up tomorrow morning and have some other idea out of nowhere. I have some ideas, but there’s a long way to go before tomorrow.:D

“I have to see how Andrea Barzagli is doing. Medhi Benatia played two games. The important thing is that everyone is at our disposal and I hope to choose the right players to have a good game.

Gonzalo Higuain has these peaks and troughs over a season. He’s in great shape and I think tomorrow he will be decisive. Miralem Pjanic has recovered. Everyone is fine, except for Stefano Sturaro who has this tendon issue and Mattia De Sciglio with the sole of his foot, but otherwise everyone is ready for this wonderful evening of sport.

“We must be prepared not so much for tomorrow’s game, but these final few weeks of the season. It’s a big opportunity for us, as it will be against Inter, Roma and Bologna too. We’ve then got the Coppa Italia Final against Milan.

“It’s a wonderful end to the campaign and we must play with calm, as this team is accustomed to important matches, albeit aware we are facing a Napoli side that has picked up 81 points and had a series of great campaigns.

“We must play with cool heads, because it is far more decisive for Napoli than it is for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 216)