out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
From guardian BTL

"Pochettino comes out of this smelling of roses. Imagine it was Mourinho, Wenger or Guardiola that were out thought mid-way through the second-half of a match that was in their hands - at home? What would the 'Einsteins' be saying?"

I know what our einsteins would be saying if it was allegri

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He really does remind me of Belichick with the way he adjusts his teams and how he plays to his opponent's weakness. The only difference is that he doesn't have a Brady.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Allegri: 'Juve deserved qualification'
Football Italia

Max Allegri explains how Juventus turned Tottenham Hotspur around at Wembley. “I think our qualification was deserved over two legs.”

The first leg ended 2-2 in Turin after Juve had gone 2-0 up, but the comeback was from the Bianconeri in London, winning 2-1 after a Hon Seung-Min opener.

“The lads and club deserve compliments for what they’ve been doing over the last few years,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“It was a prestigious victory at a stadium like Wembley. We waited for the right time, showed patience and won the game. Over the two legs, I think our qualification was deserved.

“We struggled in the first half, above all by losing the ball and they were deadly in those situations. We kept splitting the team in two with misplaced passes, but after the break were more balanced, compact and kept it tight. The lads achieved something impressive.”

The game was transformed when Blaise Matuidi and Medhi Benatia made way for Kwadwo Asamoah and Stephan Lichtsteiner.

“I made changes because we needed players with different characteristics, as Asamoah is extraordinary in his passing and has been really underestimated throughout his career.

“Lichtsteiner did well working with Khedira, we were tired on the flanks and needed some more pace and width. Tottenham hit the post in the final minute, but Harry Kane was offside.

“Higuain had been out for two weeks, Dybala only really returned on Saturday, so we need to get the others back to full fitness.

“Now we have a couple of games coming up in Serie A that will be crucial.”

Allegri shrugged off compliments for his tactical masterstroke.

“The players win the games. I occasionally do some damage and try to make up for it, but I am proud to train this group.”
The master troll.

Seriously though. Tottenham should have been a much easier encounter for a club like Juve. Allegri just had to win it in his special way to troll everyone.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
So many useless fans. And of course, another one strikes like clockwork to say it should have been easier. :seven:

To think we did this with so many of our top players out of form or injured. Max is a mastermind.
:lol:

Right on cue, banging away. Not like Tottenham has finished 2nd and 3rd in the BPL the past couple of years. Why didn't they just bend over and take it? Surprised there's not more admiration for the opponent, given the 'brand' of football that they play. :p

In fairness, he was probably watching City-Basel at the same time (or not watching the match at all), so might not understand that Spurs are actually a quality opponent.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Qualified

Juve
Real
Liverpool
City

Most likely to qualify

Bayern
Barca
Shakter :)lol: roma)
Man United

Thats quite a hard draw ahead. As long as we dont get Real, Bayern, Barca, City we should be good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 33, Guests: 187)