Mass Boycott To Save Giovinco!!! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2007
I'm still not buying it. To me, it's nothing more than pure media bullshit. Unless Juve's management confirm that they have agreed the deal, I will continue to disbelieve it.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
Juve shove Milan for Sagnol Saturday 10 May, 2008

Juventus have jumped ahead of Milan in the race for Willy Sagnol, but their fans warn Amauri is not worth losing Sebastian Giovinco.

The two Italian giants are accustomed to fighting it out over the transfer market and this summer appears to be a particularly fraught battle.

They are both challenging for the signatures of Palermo striker Amauri and Bayern Munich wing-back Sagnol.

Earlier this week Sagnol confirmed he had been approached by the Rossoneri, but attempted to play down the chances of his departure.

“The Milan directors have been keen to show their interest in me regularly over the last six years,” the 31-year-old told L’Equipe.

“I still have two years of my contract, but I will pay close attention to what happens over the next few days.”

It is now reported in the Corriere dello Sport that Juventus general manager Jean-Claude Blanc met with Sagnol’s agents on Friday.

He had already been close to joining Juve in January 2006, but Bayern renewed his contract just before they lost him on a free transfer.

Sagnol is not the only player torn between Juventus and Milan at the moment, as both are still vying for Amauri’s signature.

While Palermo and the Bianconeri have been in extensive negotiations to the degree that President Maurizio Zamparini announced the striker was “98 per cent a Juve player,” new problems have emerged.

The Rosanero are demanding promising youngsters as part of the deal and have specifically named Under-21 starlet Giovinco.

Currently on loan at Empoli, he is earmarked to be the new Alessandro Del Piero and his form alone has kept the team from relegation up to this stage.

While Juventus are said to be considering giving up 50 per cent of his contract to capture Amauri, the fans have launched a furious protest campaign.

A recent poll on website VecchiaSignora.com found 90.5 per cent of supporters were dead set against even a loan deal, while only 1.5 per cent would favour a co-ownership move.

If the transfer is not completed soon, Milan could intercept negotiations to snatch Amauri from under Juve's noses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)