Mascherano rumor again (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2003
Does Juve really need another DM anyway? Might as well spend the money to add creativity to the midfield.

This is exactly my main concern, it makes no sense. It's the last position we strengthened. He won't make a blind bit of difference to the team, but will cost a premium as I doubt Liverpool will sell him on the cheap.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This is exactly my main concern, it makes no sense. It's the last position we strengthened. He won't make a blind bit of difference to the team, but will cost a premium as I doubt Liverpool will sell him on the cheap.
Pool will sell him for what they can get. Which probably means between 7M and 12M

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Does Juve really need another DM anyway? Might as well spend the money to add creativity to the midfield.
If Juventus wants to devote itself to the 2 defensive CM style, it would be prudent to have a world class DM who is young and has room to grow further and can actually pass. Zanetti isn't getting any younger, Nocerino might be a little too raw still for major competition, Tiago has yet to prove himself to Ranieri full-time, and Marchisio could have the same issues as Nocerino. Having Mascherano would mean one CM spot is rock solid, and the other could be split between Marchisio, Nocerino, Tiago and Zanetti, depending on form. Most of those four alternates can play other midfield positions.

Mascherano, Van der Vaart and Barzagli/Pasqual would be my ideal Winter/Summer market.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If Juventus wants to devote itself to the 2 defensive CM style, it would be prudent to have a world class DM who is young and has room to grow further and can actually pass. Zanetti isn't getting any younger, Nocerino might be a little too raw still for major competition, Tiago has yet to prove himself to Ranieri full-time, and Marchisio could have the same issues as Nocerino. Having Mascherano would mean one CM spot is rock solid, and the other could be split between Marchisio, Nocerino, Tiago and Zanetti, depending on form. Most of those four alternates can play other midfield positions.

Mascherano, Van der Vaart and Barzagli/Pasqual would be my ideal Winter/Summer market.
The two DM thing doesnt seem too effective to me. So I'd go away from it if were Juve.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
The two DM thing doesnt seem too effective to me. So I'd go away from it if were Juve.
I should add that I personally don't like the two DM system... but like fred said, Capello made it work.

I think the only way it works is if both DMs are good with the ball. That's why Mascherano and Zanetti would be a nice tandem for as long as Cristiano can play at top level. Both have decent vision and passing for defensive midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)