Mascherano rumor again (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Like Juve Red says, this would be to good to be true. I'm a big fan of all our Italian players in the team, the more, the better, and in that optic, I like seeing Nocerino play. He's a pitbull but he can't pass a ball for shit. He's very good at breaking an offense of the opposite team down, but he's also very good in breaking our own offenses down. Therefor I'd love to see Mascherano in our team. He's as good as Nocerino in the demolishion works and he's so much better in building up an offense. For this season, Nocerino is a good player, but I'm not sure whether he is CL-material yet. In a year or 2-3, he'll be class.
Completely agree. However, we have Zanetti, who is pure class. And Mascherano will most probably stay in England since he is an important regular, he likes playing there and Liverpool want to keep him. They are in bettr relations with MSI too. If not, he would be quite expensive (he is worth it though) so I suggest if Juve are planning to buy him, we should sell both Almiron and Tiago in order to cut the losses

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Completely agree. However, we have Zanetti, who is pure class. And Mascherano will most probably stay in England since he is an important regular, he likes playing there and Liverpool want to keep him. They are in bettr relations with MSI too. If not, he would be quite expensive (he is worth it though) so I suggest if Juve are planning to buy him, we should sell both Almiron and Tiago in order to cut the losses
I think we should buy him (if we can), as Zanetti is old and wont have long playing time

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Juventus are tracking Javier Mascherano's situation at Liverpool with interest, according to reports in the Italian press.

The Argentine has been on loan at Liverpool since last January but Reds bosses have yet to decide on his future.

Mascherano has expressed his desire to stay, but it is understood that Liverpool would have to pay around £17million to secure his services.

Juventus are on the lookout for a defensive midfielder and if Liverpool decide not to keep Mascherano they could make an approach.

Juventus have also been linked with Mascherano's Liverpool team-mate Mohamed Sissoko.

Sissoko has had few opportunities to impress at Anfield this season and Juventus may step up their pursuit if they miss out on Mascherano.
skysports.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Rafa eager to keep Mascherano

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez wants to keep Javier Mascherano at Anfield - and also plans to sign a new centre-back this month.

Mascherano has been a big hit at Anfield since arriving last January on an 18-month loan deal.

But the Reds have yet to take up a £17million option to sign him permanently, leading to speculation he could end up elsewhere.

Benitez, however, is hoping that Mascherano, a target for the likes of Barcelona, will stay on Merseyside. The player himself has already said he wants to remain with the Reds.

"We know Juventus and other top sides are interested in him but we have the option," Benitez told the club's official website. "Javier is happy here and wants to stay. We will do our best to keep him here."

Soccer365

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
If we sign Mascherano and VDV we will have the best midfield in Europe.
Mascherano and Diego would be the best midfield in Europe. Mascherano with his defending and Diego with his playmaking would make eveyone piss on their pants. Inter player would shit on their pants and Ibrahivomic would get bitch slap around Chiellini all over again.

you have too much CMs. btw, how did you get bojan to come? he rejected me.
He doesn't like you ;) + Moggi helped him hahaha

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The Argentine’s future in Merseyside is in huge doubt as Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillet are refusing to pay the €24m that Mascherano’s contract owners, M.S.I, are demanding for their player to stay at the club.

This has led to interest from the likes of Manchester City and Barcelona, however the Daily Mirror today reported that Juventus had sent representatives to watch Mascherano in action last weekend, and were now ready to present a transfer offer.

"We know Juventus and other top sides are interested in him, but we have the option," Benitez said.

"Javier is happy here and wants to stay. We will do our best to keep him here."

Juventus are well known to be in the market for a top-class centre midfielder, and have been long-term admirers of Mascherano, having been close to signing him in the past.

Mascherano is not the only Liverpool midfielder of interest to Juve, as unsettled Mali international Momo Sissoko is also hugely admired by Coach Claudio Ranieri.

Gianni Wilson
goal.com

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I think the Mascherano rumour is Juventus' strongest transfer link. It's been like three years of hunting him down and his name hasn't gone away, so I'm hoping something materializes soon. If Ranieri's going to play two defensive midfielders for the rest of the season now, I think he'd be the best defensive midfielder Juve could grab to play beside Zanetti. Lord knows that combo's mouth watering...

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
i don't really care if its zanetti, nocerino or even marchisio aside mascherano, each combo will be fantastic with an offensive line of giovinco, van der vaart, camo and trez.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
so if we get him It will be for a year or so because we can't pay 24m €. This will ruin the chemistry in midfield so we should look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)