Mascherano rumor again (80 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I agree, he would prefer us over city, but i also think he can find better offers
and he is now established in England (if not as a player, as a resident and i m sure, at his age it really is a matter)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
If Liverpool want him, they'll sign him. The .01% chance that they don't want to pay MSI the fee, I'm sure they'll go to UEFA and whine again...and knowing that they always get it their way, I'm sure something will be worked out.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juventus New Favourites To Sign Mascherano

Juventus have emerged as the new favourites to sign Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano, with a deal possibly being completed as early as January.

The 2006 World Cup star, who currently plays for Liverpool, is undoubtedly one of the best defensive midfielders in world football.

Mascherano's contract is owned by the international fund of investors, Media Sports Investments (M.S.I), who are demanding €24m for their client to stay at Liverpool permanently.

The Anfield club's owners Tom Hicks and George Gillet are refusing to pay such a sum, thus making in inevitable that Mascherano will leave the club.

Manchester City have been linked with a move for the player recently, as have Barcelona, who are said to be desperate to sign a top-class midfielder in Mascherano's mould.

However according to the Corriere dello Sport, Juventus have emerged as the hot favourites to purchase the Argentine.

The Bianconeri are in desperate need of a centre midfielder as their big money summer signings Sergio Almiron and Tiago Mendes have both failed miserably to live up to expectations.

Coach Claudio Ranieri is a huge fan of Mascherano and has convinced the club hierarchy to meet M.S.I's demands and sign the player.

goal.com

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Man I really hope that we sign him for around €18 million or so. He is young and a world-class player. It would have been nice to see the money that went to Tiago and Almiron (€13million+€9million= €22million) to him instead

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Man I hope Juve don't get him. By the way, there is no way he's going to be bought for anything less that 23M euros. Remember he is owned be a company not a club, MSI are not going to take anything less.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
enron, do you believe that liverpool's american owners aren't willing to pay the 21m pounds(or however much it is), or do you think it's just BS talk?
Total bull shit. They never said they wouldn't pay. They merely said they needed to restructure debt before making any transfers. Its actually 16M or 17M pounds.(23m euros) The contract was signed last year before they took over the club, so it is understandable that they wish to overlook things before signing away the big bucks. Masch has been one of our biggest players this year and I don't think we will let him go.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Before we signed Nocerino, I woudn´t think twice about this deal. Mascherano is pure class, a monster. But now I think we need something else because we have a young, emerging star in Nocerino and another class DM, Zanetti.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Liverpool target permanent Mascherano switch

LIVERPOOL, England (AFP) - Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez believes he can fight off overtures from Barcelona and Juventus and sign Argentinian midfielder Javier Mascherano on a permanent deal.

Benitez is confident about the prospects of completing a 17-million-pound deal for the player but is fully aware he has no control over a third-party's ownership of the Argentinian.

Mascherano, who caused West Ham so much trouble with his contract there, has a similar loan deal at Liverpool, the key difference being that the Anfield club's agreement is within the regulations.

Barcelona and Juventus, as well as Manchester City, have been linked with a move for the 23-year-old in the January transfer window.

"Clearly, I hope Mascherano stays here. We are talking now about this but I have confidence because he tells me he wants to stay," said Benitez.

"I am confident he can be persuaded to stay here. When I spoke to Javier, he told me he wants that, so I have confidence that we will sign him.

"He is playing well and everyone knows he is a good player and there are not too many world-class holding midfielders around.

"He wants to stay, our supporters like him and we will try to keep him."

AFP

MadballJuve

Oct 8, 2007
Like Juve Red says, this would be to good to be true. I'm a big fan of all our Italian players in the team, the more, the better, and in that optic, I like seeing Nocerino play. He's a pitbull but he can't pass a ball for shit. He's very good at breaking an offense of the opposite team down, but he's also very good in breaking our own offenses down. Therefor I'd love to see Mascherano in our team. He's as good as Nocerino in the demolishion works and he's so much better in building up an offense. For this season, Nocerino is a good player, but I'm not sure whether he is CL-material yet. In a year or 2-3, he'll be class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)