Mascherano rumor again (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
my serious and unbiased opinion about gattuso.I will forget his dog-like acts for once.

He is already 30 years old and he is nothing with ball.
But he is so good at what he does, Milan can play Pirlo beside him to distibute the ball and do almost nothing defensively, and still maintain the balance of the midfield.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
why are we even talking about defensive mids? ffs let's bring some magic to the mid or play Tiago and see what he's got. We have enough with Zanetti, Nocerino and Marchisio later.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
why are we even talking about defensive mids? ffs let's bring some magic to the mid. We have enough with Zanetti, Nocerino and Marchisio later.
As a general rule I'd agree with that, but Mascherano is sooooooooo good that I think we will regret it if we don't make a serious effert to try and sign him.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
As a general rule I'd agree with that, but Mascherano is sooooooooo good that I think we will regret it if we don't make a serious effert to try and sign him.
Did he clear up the situation with his contract and stuff?

Would you start him over Nocerino and screw the kid's career?

Zanetti will be replaced by Marchisio in a couple of years.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Did he clear up the situation with his contract and stuff?

Would you start him over Nocerino and screw the kid's career?

Zanetti will be replaced by Marchisio in a couple of years.
I like Zanetti, but I would be willing to ditch him to get Mascherano.

I'm not sure of his contractual situation, but I think West Ham now own him properly.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
why are we even talking about defensive mids? ffs let's bring some magic to the mid or play Tiago and see what he's got. We have enough with Zanetti, Nocerino and Marchisio later.
I agree with this. Adding Mascherano to the current crop of defensive midfielders would be a waste of capital and a waste of talent(Mascherano's talent or Marchisio/Nocerino's talent).

Zanetti for me is untouchable right now.

seriously, is it too much to ask for some realism

nocerino - spirited and physical

gattusso - spirited, physical, talented

you do the math
But then, you have always had a knack for underrating our own players.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I like Zanetti, but I would be willing to ditch him to get Mascherano.

I'm not sure of his contractual situation, but I think West Ham now own him properly.
The age factor is clearly in Mascherano's favor but Zanetti as been incredibly solid so far.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I actually agree with Mark here...enough tacklers and destroyers..bring in some flair and creativity to that midfield..nobody is saying Nocerino is better than Gatusso or that Zanetti is better than Masch(well except for turk that is)..but they're both doing their jobs well,so wouldnt it be unfair to ditch them??

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
seriously, is it too much to ask for some realism

nocerino - spirited and physical

gattusso - spirited, physical, talented

you do the math

Gattuso is an experienced Veteran with international, CL, and Serie A experience. Nocerino is a youngster playing his 1st season in Serie A with the biggest team in Italy. Yeah that's a fair assesment.

fact is Gattuso, Makalele and G.Silva where no where near as good as Nocerino was at his age.

Gattuso isnt 30 as yet.He is nothing with the ball other than being arguably the best midfield destroyer in world right now.
and isn't Nocerino just that? A very talented destroyer? People seem to love sucking Gattuso's (and Zanetti's for that matter) cock for being a WC DMF who's passing is not that good yet they don't like Nocerino because he can't pass. Fact is Nocerino playing with Zanetti doesn't help much because both of their passing is abilities are not special. Play Nocerino with Tiago or a proper CMF and you will see that our center of midfield becomes much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)