Mascherano rumor again (83 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
West Ham is a team that is involved in a fight for survival with decnet players. Madrid is a team that has shelled out tons of cash in the last 3 season, changed what? 5 managers?and still somehow manages to suck royaly :D

I mean they signed 8 players this season. 8 PLAYERS!!! how can you suck so bad?

edit:

But then again any team would suck when you have Raul, Guti, Roberto Carlos, Beckham, Ramos and old man Emerson playing for you :D
That is why they suck, they buy 5 overpaid, spoiled stars every season, only now they might be doing a good job by signing young, hot prospects for the future. :tup:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Mascherano granted Reds clearance

Javier Mascherano has been cleared to play for Liverpool this season after the Premier League accepted the club's request to register him at Anfield.

The Argentine midfielder, 22, agreed to join the Reds before the close of the transfer window last month.

The deal was held up as the Premier League wanted to assess whether the relationship between club and player was "subject to third-party influence".

But the Premier League is now satisfied the move does not breach its rules.

Mascherano flew out with the Liverpool squad for their Champions League tie with Barcelona on Wednesday and is eligible to play against the European champions.

A statement on the Premier League's website read: "The Premier League has confirmed that the application by Liverpool FC to register Javier Mascherano as a player has been accepted.

"The Premier League is satisfied that the contractual arrangements proposed by Liverpool FC are consistent with its rules; particularly that the relationship between club and player is not subject to third-party influence.

"The Premier League is grateful for Liverpool FC's cooperation and openness at the start and throughout the process."

Fifa granted dispensation for Mascherano to make the move at the start of the month, despite the fact he has already played for two clubs since 1 July last year - Corinthians and West Ham.

Under Fifa rules, a footballer cannot play competitively for more than two different clubs between 1 July and 30 June the following year.

However, dispensation was granted after Fifa took into consideration the fact that the South American and European seasons overlap.

Mascherano made only seven appearances for the Hammers after arriving in the summer, but said: "I have no rancour. It is obvious that I was not a player for that club.

"I want to gain the respect of the Liverpool players and win a place in the team on merit."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6379977.stm

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Masch and grab raid

Javier Mascherano will be offered the chance to join Juventus and Barcelona if Liverpool can't raise the £17million to sign him next month.

Peace is about to break out in the row between manager Rafa Benitez and owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, but Mascherano's Anfield future still has to be resolved.

As well as the continental giants, Manchester City are also sounding out Mascherano's advisers MSI about signing the 23-year-old midfielder on a permanent deal next summer.

Mascherano, who joined Liverpool on a long-term loan, said: "I was talking with the club and it was all agreed that I would stay here, but in the last week a situation has developed at Liverpool.

"Now I have to wait until the club are ready to talk to me again and maybe in the next one or two weeks we will have some news.

"They just need to talk. Rafa doesn't want to leave the club because he's very happy here and the supporters love him.

"It means I need to wait, but it's possible in the next month they will have a meeting and it will all be resolved.

"I want to play for Liverpool and I want to stay here."

Liverpool fans took to the streets before last week's Champions League victory over FC Porto to declare their support for the Anfield boss.

It was Benitez's desire to keep Mascherano that sparked his war of words with Liverpool's US-based owners.

Benitez had brokered an arrangement with MSI which stipulated that payments would not have to begin until the end of the season.

That did not convince the Americans, who insisted that all transfer business would be put on hold until after Liverpool's Champions League fate had been decided.

Hicks and Gillett are about to borrow £500m to consolidate the debts they took out to buy the club last year and finance a new stadium.

Benitez admitted that the sheer power of the Anfield fans could have saved his Liverpool career.

He admitted: "I don't think anyone has ever heard the kind of support for a manager that our fans have given to me this week. I was humbled."

Privately, Benitez is worried that the flawed lines of communication could cost Liverpool the services of Mascherano and there is also a concern that there may be a temptation to cash in on Peter Crouch should Manchester City table a formal £10m bid.

sunday mirror

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mascherano is great player but i think we don`t need him at the moment.Price is also problem with our curent budget.Maybe our staff is thinking of selling both Tiago and Almiron so we can buy him and then bring back Marchisio from loan.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Masch is world class imo..one of the best holding dm's in the world..an effective marker in midfield too...just ask Fabregas and Kaka.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Sadly, I don't get to see Juventus as much as I would like, As a result, I have only seen Nocerino play around three, possibly four times.

What exactly is it that makes him stand out from the crowd? What are his main attributes?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Sadly, I don't get to see Juventus as much as I would like, As a result, I have only seen Nocerino play around three, possibly four times.

What exactly is it that makes him stand out from the crowd? What are his main attributes?
He's agressive, strong and has good stamina. Other than that I don't see what's the fuss about him. His ball control and passing are shit. Don't get me wrong, he's talented and can still improve, but ATM he's a poor man's Gatusso, nothing more.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
agreed...Zanetti is doing an impressive job..plus there are more pressing matters..like a Nedved replacement..and an lb,assuming Chielleni is going to stay as a cb

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He's agressive, strong and has good stamina. Other than that I don't see what's the fuss about him. His ball control and passing are shit. Don't get me wrong, he's talented and can still improve, but ATM he's a poor man's Gatusso, nothing more.
He is better than Gattuso was at a similar age.

Dec 26, 2004
Mascherano is the best young DM in the world and he worth every penny... I have feeling his type of play can fit very well in Serie A... if he is available I would go for him at any price.

Too bad we have somone amature like Secco in charge... otherwise Javier would be already a Juve player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)