Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N154846070131-0944.htm

FIFA GIVE MASCHERANO GO-AHEAD
Paul Eaton 31 January 2007
FIFA have given Javier Mascherano permission to play for Liverpool if he completes his move to Anfield, but the Reds are now waiting to hear whether the deal will be sanctioned by the Premier League.
The game's governing body has agreed to the move even though the player has already played for two clubs in the past twelve months.

A FIFA statement read: "After due consideration of all aspects, the Fifa single judge ruled that, 'Upon registration for Liverpool FC during the present registration period, the player Javier Mascherano is eligible to play in official matches with the said club with immediate effect'."

Despite FIFA giving their green light to the deal, Liverpool are still waiting to hear if the Premier League will allow it to progress.

A Liverpool spokesman said: "FIFA have confirmed the player is entitled to play for Liverpool.

"However, the move from West Ham still needs to be ratified by the Premier League and we await their decision."

If Fifa gave us that permission and we took him...SCANDALO!!!

I'm happy we didn't get him, he's too much trouble.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

He didn't reject us before Secco acted cowardly and said that we can't afford him...
Oh come on Abed, leave it out. Mascherano took the obvious choice, one every single football player, not madly in love with Juve, would take.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
He didn't reject us before Secco acted cowardly and said that we can't afford him...
I think you are wrong, from the beggining this deal was hard to realise given that Liverpool was in "advantage".

I must add also that I never read that he exactly wants Juve.

So, Secco is not to blame on this one. :p

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Well, let's brief what Juve did to bring him:

1- Mascherano wants out of his club.
2- Juve is interested in Mascherano.
3- Juve sent Piccioli to negotiate with the Irani guy who owns him.
4- Liverpool enters the competition.
5-Out of nothing, Juve found that the deal is difficult and they didn't want to take any risk there...
6- Liverpool goes on and asks FIFA to allow them to sign him.
7- Secco decided to try again after Liverpool got the green light.
8- Masherano refused to join Juve.

9-Liverpool got his services after they proved to him he was an essential element of their future plans.

----------------------------

Just note that No. 8 comes after No. 7 often...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The reason Secco did not go for him is not that Javier rejected us, it that the deal is way too shady (not the whole FIFA rule) . Remember Mascherano and Tevez aren't owned by West Ham. They are property of MSI. Secco probably saw that MSI wanted something which did not sit well with him, and I am thankful. MSI is a shady company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)