Mascherano rumor again (126 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Juve back in for Mascherano

Juventus are believed to have rekindled their interest in Javier Mascherano as they hope to beat Liverpool to his signature.

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley insisted on Friday that Mascherano could not leave because of Fifa regulations.

However, it is understood Liverpool are hopeful that the Fifa would okay a loan move.

But Juventus - who said earlier this week that they would not be pursuing Mascherano - now look to be back in the bidding.

Indeed widespread reports in Italy suggest Juve's sporting director Alessio Secco has flown to London for talks with West Ham - in order to make sure their interest is confirmed.

While Liverpool are hopeful of landing Mascherano, Juve have always been considered as the player's own preferred destination.
And Juve could also have a trump card in the shape of Jonathan Zebina.

The French international is set to be allowed to leave Turin and West Ham are keen to bolster their own defensive options.

It is believed that the former Liverpool and Tottenham target has been the subject of a Hammers approach - and he could very well be involved in a Mascherano deal.

Zebina's replacement at Juventus could very well be Ajax defender Zdenek Grygera - who the Bianconeri seem to be closing in on.

"There are well-known Italian clubs interested in Zdenek and I have arranged meetings with them all," said the player's agent David Nehoda.

"Nevertheless thanks to our good relations and because of Pavel Nedved's presence there, Juventus are the most likely option."

Grygera is out of contract at The Amsterdam ArenA in the summer and it remains to be seen whether he will leave this month or in the summer.

Sky Sports

I like the look of these parts!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Benitez coy on Javier link

Rafa Benitez admits Fifa's rules would not dissuade him from bidding for Javier Mascherano, although he refused to confirm he wanted to sign the midfielder.

Mascherano is desperate to leave West Ham United after struggling to settle since arriving at Upton Park from Corinthians in August.

Juventus have dropped their interest in the Argentine and he has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool.

Fifa rules prevent a player turning out for more than two clubs between a period of 1st July and 30th June.

Reds boss Benitez is not put off by the regulations, but was reluctant to commit himself to an interest in Mascherano.

"There are a lot of similar situations with players who have played for three clubs in the same season, and in some cases four, so I think it is not a problem," said Benitez.

"We are watching good players and we want to find someone who can add more balance, but at this moment we are focusing on the next game and we are not talking about players.

"I don't like to talk about those names and rumours in the press."

Benitez also reiterated his stance that Liverpool duo Peter Crouch and Xabi Alonso are not for sale.

Crouch has been linked with Newcastle and Juventus, while Alonso has been tipped to return to Spain.

"This is clear, we don't want to sell Peter Crouch," said Benitez.

"He (Alonso) has a contract and we are happy with him. He's happy with the club, it was simply a rumour, nothing serious."

Sky Sports

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Mascherano is exactly what we need in midfield, even though zaentti, paro and marchisio have all been godd, we need one more, who is world class.

zebina in the deal sounds nice, they can take others if they like, boumsong, kovac, tudor, legro...let them choose..hehe

Grygera joining sounds good also.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i think Mascherano is overrated , i hope we get requilme instead , i dont think he is happy with his team and with the right price he can easily join juve which will be a very good addition to our midfield , he is creative playmaker.

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
i think Mascherano is overrated , i hope we get requilme instead , i dont think he is happy with his team and with the right price he can easily join juve which will be a very good addition to our midfield , he is creative playmaker.
same here
but i don't think riquelme would join juve, he's finally found a club that adapts to the low-paced game he plays...

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
on other rumours:

Hiddink in frame as Mourinho considers Chelsea future
tribalfooball.com - January 06, 2007

Jose Mourinho is considering his future at Chelsea after a dressing room split emerged over his team selections.

The Sunday Times it was reported that continued behind-the-scenes irritations at the club may lead to the manager quitting at the end of the season to take up a job with either Juventus or Internazionale in Italy.

According to the reports, Guus Hiddink, the Russian national team coach, would step into his shoes at Stamford Bridge.

"The fans don't make the team, I make the team," said Mourinho in the aftermath of a narrow victory over Newcastle United in which elements of the home support jeered under pressure midfielder Michael Ballack.

"I don't select players because of the fans or comments in the press. I select players from my analysis of the team. I have analysis through scientific technology and, based on my vision and knowledge of the game, Ballack is still untouchable."

tribalfootball.com

who would want him?

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Mascherano is three times the talent Riquelme will ever be. Personally I wouldn't even accept Riquelme on a free transfer!

Riquelme seems to dazzle those who likes to watch technical football, but he wouldn't last a second in Serie A.

Mascherano, on the other hand is tough and ready for Serie A already. :pint:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Juve stage London blitz Sunday 7 January, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus directors’ presence in London has been linked with Javier Mascherano, Gabriel Heinze and even Jose Mourinho.

It is known that Alessio Secco flew on to British soil this week for negotiations, but each day more details emerge on what precisely was the purpose of this visit.

While it’s confirmed that one of their prime targets for a January switch is unsettled West Ham United midfielder Mascherano – also the subject of a firm offer from Liverpool – although a deal has not yet been struck.

'La Stampa’ and other newspapers in Italy claim the Bianconeri have offered £2.7m for an 18-month loan of the Argentine international, plus another £5.8m to complete the signing in June 2008.

This is well short of Liverpool’s proposal, but the reports suggest Mascherano would prefer a switch to the peninsula, a style of football that tends to suit the South Americans more.

However, Secco was kept busy in Britain with more negotiations for Premiership stars, among them Manchester United’s Heinze.

Another Argentine international, the 28-year-old will be a free agent in June and Milan are also said to be on his trail.

If the battle with Liverpool over Mascherano is turning nasty, then it’s not stopping the two clubs from discussing other business.

There are claims Juventus have requested 22-year-old midfielder Mohammed Sissoko for a transfer either in January or in the summer, when the Turin giants are expected to be promoted back into Serie A.

Didier Deschamps is leading the side to the top flight, but there are reports emerging this weekend that he will be replaced by Chelsea manager Mourinho.

His idyllic time at Stamford Bridge has hit problems this season, including a fractious relationship with summer signings Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack.

According to 'The Sunday Times’, the Champions League and UEFA Cup winner with Porto is ready to try another experience in Italy, where Juve and Inter are contending for his services.

Meanwhile, closer to home, Bianconeri director of sport Secco met with Palermo chief Rino Foschi to discuss several players.

It’s known the Sicilians want to bring in Marco Marchionni and Fabrizio Miccoli – the latter currently on loan at Benfica – in exchange for Andrea Barzagli. Despite spending much of his time on the bench, Secco confirmed to journalists that “For the moment Marchionni is not going anywhere.”

Channel 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 125)