Mascherano rumor again (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
This is exactly why we shouldn't believe anything we're told. Headline says "The Mission for Mascherano", that Secco is going to london to seek Mascherano.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

well this time i really want this guy to come dude. so i'm waiting for good news
i want that too but i ain't holding my hopes up, this MSI shite will cost us of his services. it's gonna be a long time till we know for sure, that is certain.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
by the way we want someone to explain us how these sort of deals works out. contracts MSI,clubs ? it's really interesting to know. Maybe rebel, swag ... will explain to us this in a specific thread

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i don't think the most informed people in the world of football know much of this MSI dealings. it's unstandard stuff and pretty much a mystery to everyone.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
by the way we want someone to explain us how these sort of deals works out. contracts MSI,clubs ? it's really interesting to know. Maybe rebel, swag ... will explain to us this in a specific thread
MSI own the player, West ham own the player's contract. So juve have to negotiate with both parties to get Mascherano. Which is what makes it complicated

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Juve make Mascherano visit Saturday 6 January, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite interest from Liverpool and problems with FIFA, Juventus are stepping up their bid for Javier Mascherano by flying to London for talks.

The Argentine international only joined West Ham United in the summer, but has failed to settle in and is already looking for a switch elsewhere.

While the British Press is filled with stories of Liverpool’s offer to bring him to Anfield Road on loan in January, the Italians are prepared to sneak in.

It’s reported in both ‘Tuttosport’ and the ‘Corriere dello Sport’ this morning that Bianconeri director of sport Alessio Secco has flown to London for advanced negotiations with Mascherano and West Ham.

The intention is to bring the midfielder to Turin immediately on a permanent move rather than Liverpool’s loan proposal.

There are other issues at play here, above all the FIFA rules that seem to prohibit Mascherano’s move to any other side before the summer because he has already played for Brazilian club Corinthians and West Ham in 2006-07.

“The rules are very clear. Article 5.3 states that, although a player can be registered for a maximum of three clubs during the period from 1st July to 30th June, he is only eligible to play in official matches for two clubs in this period,” a FIFA spokesman told ‘The Times.’

However, the Italian media suggest that the timing of the transfer to the Premiership would make this rule void.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan6g.html

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Juve make Mascherano visit Saturday 6 January, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite interest from Liverpool and problems with FIFA, Juventus are stepping up their bid for Javier Mascherano by flying to London for talks.

The Argentine international only joined West Ham United in the summer, but has failed to settle in and is already looking for a switch elsewhere.

While the British Press is filled with stories of Liverpool’s offer to bring him to Anfield Road on loan in January, the Italians are prepared to sneak in.

It’s reported in both ‘Tuttosport’ and the ‘Corriere dello Sport’ this morning that Bianconeri director of sport Alessio Secco has flown to London for advanced negotiations with Mascherano and West Ham.

The intention is to bring the midfielder to Turin immediately on a permanent move rather than Liverpool’s loan proposal.

There are other issues at play here, above all the FIFA rules that seem to prohibit Mascherano’s move to any other side before the summer because he has already played for Brazilian club Corinthians and West Ham in 2006-07.

“The rules are very clear. Article 5.3 states that, although a player can be registered for a maximum of three clubs during the period from 1st July to 30th June, he is only eligible to play in official matches for two clubs in this period,” a FIFA spokesman told ‘The Times.’

However, the Italian media suggest that the timing of the transfer to the Premiership would make this rule void.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan6g.html
wow , this is good news let's wrap up this deal ASAP. Maybe what secco was saying is just a smoke screen.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
One way or other, I think Mascherano will end up in our hands. Move to Juve makes a lot more sense than Liverpool from Mascherano's point of view, and hard cash is far better than a promise to buy at the end of season. All these right to end of season, is a load of b*ullshit to get a player for nothing via loan. Obviously Kia is a based in England, so he is using English newspapers and Liverpool to bid up the price for Mascherano. A smart thing to do business-wise.

Important thing for us, is not to overbid. Liverpool arent exactly in desperate need for CM, unless there is a training burst between Gerrard, Xabi, Momo with Rafa, and their threshold for investment will surely be lower than ours. Beside, while it is nice to have Javier coming here in Jan and settling down at a lower level of competition, we are not desperate for a strenghtening up the team ATM. 20m Euro quoted in the press is ridiculous. I think 10-13m looks like a good bargain considering the quoted prices of similar players.

Nedved17

Jul 16, 2006
I hope and I belive that Mascherano would join to us in summer... I don't see a point why he would want join to Liverpool. They have already good midfielders like Xabi Alonso, Gerrard, and Sisokko, and Mascherano hadn't fit in England.

If he doesn't join to Juve he could join to Zaragoza, wherer is lot of Argentinan players, and same language than in Argentina. But Zaragoza would never be so good as Juve. So lets wait until summer, we will get him:agree:

Jul 28, 2002
Imho the deal hinges on MSI links. Secco and co must be extremly cautious when approaching a deal with them as they are out to specifically make money as apposed to build a team.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
And don't forget that Mascherano own a Italian passport so he isn't a foreigner and won't take extra place for non-EU player. Come on Secco sign the deal already !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)