Mascherano rumor again (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2006
Reports coming out of Argentina last night suggested that Javier Mascherano will be leaving West Ham next month and that Media Sports Investment, who own the player, have been negotiating in London with both :heart: Juventus and Liverpool. The Argentina midfielder is said to prefer a move to Italy but Liverpool have made the greater offer, believed to be around £6m.

According to a well-placed source in Argentina, MSI and Mascherano are hoping that Julio Grondona, the president of the Argentina Football Association, will use his influence as vice-president of Fifa to override the rule that prevents players signing for more than two clubs in one year. Grondona will claim that Mascherano's position at West Ham is hurting the 22-year-old's career.:shifty:

"The future of Mascherano will either be in England or Italy but far from West Ham" said the source.

Mascherano, who played in every match for Argentina during the World Cup, now finds his place in the national team.:rolleyes:

The Independent

Max

Jul 15, 2003
That article sort of leaves you wondering, no?

"Mascherano...now finds his place on the national team..."

In jeopardy?

roberto*baggio

*Roberto Baggio*
Dec 3, 2006
any one asking for talented CDM plz watch.........
yaya toure of monaco (the younger brother of kolou toure of arsenal) ,
maduro of ajax ,mohamed shawki of al-ahly (club of egypt that won 3rd place in last world club cup) ,& mudingayi of lazio

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
31 December 2006
JAVIER: I WILL BE ON MY WAY
PREMIERSHIP FROM YOUR TOP SP TEAM BARCLAYS PREMIERSHIP
By Scott Piecha

JAVIER Mascherano has admitted for the first time he is set to quit West Ham.

The Argentina full-back has failed to push his way into the Hammers' starting line-up, even under new boss Alan Curbishley, and says he's had enough.

Mascherano is a target for Juventus and Liverpool as they will both try and capture the 24-year-old when the transfer window opens tomorrow.

But although he is set for the exit door he claims that his fellow countryman, Carlos Tevez, who moved to West Ham with him, is ready to stick it out.

Mascherano said: "It is normal that if I am not in the team at West Ham then I will have to leave to continue my career elsewhere.

"At my age I cannot afford to let my career stay on hold. I came to England to succeed but I have not had the necessary opportunities to succeed.

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
Funny thing is, Liverpool fans would rather hold onto their Sissoko. :p So here's to hoping they get what they want, and we get what we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)