Martin Cáceres (22 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
True, Chiellini has improved massively over the last 3 years. If we can get Martin for ~9m then I'm very happy.
silly man :disagree:

didn't you know he is not worth more than 5 million, because there are many better fullbacks available for 10 million even though it's one of the hardest positions to get good players in and clubs don't just let their good fullbacks go for cheap. And nevermind the fact that Caceras has adapted quickly, while whoever we get might flop.

show me a better fullback for 10 million people

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
One argument for buying Caceres and not some other RB is that we could use some consistency in defence. We can't really change 3 out of the back 4 in one season without any negative consequences.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
We should buy him, he is a fucking kid, and has loads of time to improve. I love what he is doing so far and there is no doubt that he will keep improving in years.

Apr 17, 2009
We should buy him, he is a fucking kid, and has loads of time to improve. I love what he is doing so far and there is no doubt that he will keep improving in years.
That's how I feel also. He will mature and develop into his RB role if that's what we are planning to use him for in the long run. He's better than what we already have.

Also, how is everyone so sure we would be able to buy Motta from Roma for less than 10m? I seriously doubt he would be available for much more less then Caceres, if at all. We're supposed to be negotiating with Barca to try and lower the price and I believe we will.

Had this sig since he came to Juve and I still stand by it.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Some of you prefer Motta or Rafinha, but what happens if these guys don't perform up to our expectations? Then it's another year without a right back and it's back to the drawing board. In my opinion, I'd rather pay the money knowing what I'll get on the field then paying a bit less and risk spending more the following year trying to fill the same position.

In Caceres we have a young, pacey defender who can be moulded into a fullback. Sure he makes a couple mistakes here and there, but he's learning and he's usually pretty effective. Caceres has that South American fieriness that I'm a fan of, and when he's playing he doesn't let up. Juventus can't miss this chance to start weaving a back line, and they can't afford to bring in these stop-gap solutions or last-gasp purchases every single year. They've got to commit to making a team and I can definitely see Caceres as a fixture amongst a four man defence. That's my bit, at least.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
silly man :disagree:

didn't you know he is not worth more than 5 million, because there are many better fullbacks available for 10 million even though it's one of the hardest positions to get good players in and clubs don't just let their good fullbacks go for cheap. And nevermind the fact that Caceras has adapted quickly, while whoever we get might flop.

show me a better fullback for 10 million people
TBH it's not about the money anymore cause we suck in deals anyway so it's about do u need him to be our next RB or not?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Weve still got plenty of games to judge caceras, but based on what im seeing and the kind of potential he does have I have to agree with the guys that his definetly worth buying.. providing the price is right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)