Martin Cáceres (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Jul 11, 2009
No, I just always disliked Barca and their Catalan nationalist crap "mes que un club".
Every big club in Europe like Juventus, Inter, Roma, Milan, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Man U, Liverpool and even Chelsea is "mes que un club". If you have been in the top 4 and playing CL for many years you are a club with tradition and history.
The whole "mes que un club" with Barca is of course a little PR trick and that we don't have a sponsor on our jerseys etc. It's business as usuall, we are not a charity organisation. But we did win the CL with 7 out of the starting 11 coming from our own youth organisation. They don't train footballers in Barca, they train Barca players. And I have to say that not many other teams can manage to have what we have in terms of youth players. But you guys are the most succesfull team in Italy and like top 3 in Europe. So you don't really have anything to be ashamed of do you?

Dammmn o`curr thats bit harsh aint it! There he was giving us a report on one of their youngsters , telling us i hope you do well next season and everything then you go shoot him down like that?! :evil:
Thx for the support :lol:

So you're a glory hunter worried that Barca might not be as good as last season and looking for a new bandwagon to jump on?
No that's not it :lol: But it's going to be hard to top last season. We humiliated Real Madrid badly (actually they humiliated themselfes if you ask me) so they are after us. And our board is doing nothing so far in the transfer window. We need 4-5 new players and we need to offload Hleb or Guddy, but so far:
:bianconero:

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Every big club in Europe like Juventus, Inter, Roma, Milan, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Man U, Liverpool and even Chelsea is "mes que un club". If you have been in the top 4 and playing CL for many years you are a club with tradition and history.
The whole "mes que un club" with Barca is of course a little PR trick and that we don't have a sponsor on our jerseys etc. It's business as usuall, we are not a charity organisation. But we did win the CL with 7 out of the starting 11 coming from our own youth organisation.
Big clubs in Europe are not more than a club. There are a big club.

They don't train footballers in Barca, they train Barca players.
And Arsenal players.

No that's not it :lol: But it's going to be hard to top last season. We humiliated Real Madrid badly (actually they humiliated themselfes if you ask me) so they are after us. And our board is doing nothing so far in the transfer window. We need 4-5 new players and we need to offload Hleb or Guddy, but so far:
You don't need signings, do you? You mean you can't rely on all of your amazingly talented Catalan kids coming through the youth system?

Dec 31, 2008
i don't think madrid s gonna come up with anything huge this season. Pellegrini will freak out ina few weeks and remember the Galacticos getting fucked by Malaga, Mallorca and all. I see that comin...

ZenI

Jul 11, 2009
Big clubs in Europe are not more than a club. There are a big club.

And Arsenal players.

You don't need signings, do you? You mean you can't rely on all of your amazingly talented Catalan kids coming through the youth system?

Hey 'juve o'cur'. So you're from Gallway? Been there and liked it a lot.
But I didn't get your first pun?

And yes, we also train Arsenal players.

And yes, we do need some signings even though we have "amazingly talented Catalan kids coming through the youth system".
But you need to work a little on your sarcasm though. The generation born in the early 80's is called the 'ironic' generation by sociologists, that's something we're trying to put behind us (that means no more MTV and Tila Tequila).

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The whole "mes que un club" with Barca is of course a little PR trick and that we don't have a sponsor on our jerseys etc. It's business as usuall, we are not a charity organisation. But we did win the CL with 7 out of the starting 11 coming from our own youth organisation. They don't train footballers in Barca, they train Barca players. And I have to say that not many other teams can manage to have what we have in terms of youth players. But you guys are the most succesfull team in Italy and like top 3 in Europe. So you don't really have anything to be ashamed of do you?

Thx for the support :lol:

That is something that deserves respect.

Any objective fan would tell you that he'd love his club to do the same. All while playing some absolutely stunning football:tup:

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Hey 'juve o'cur'. So you're from Gallway? Been there and liked it a lot.
But I didn't get your first pun?

And yes, we also train Arsenal players.

And yes, we do need some signings even though we have "amazingly talented Catalan kids coming through the youth system".
But you need to work a little on your sarcasm though. The generation born in the early 80's is called the 'ironic' generation by sociologists, that's something we're trying to put behind us (that means no more MTV and Tila Tequila).
Were you here as a student? There's usually big groups of Spanish students around town.

I was born in the 90's.

:D At least someone appreciated it.

:agree:

Chelsea never really had a tradition of excellence
That's an understatement.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
not even that really...the day they sold out to Abramovich and started signing players like they were cheap labour, it was all over for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)