Martin Ødegaard (6 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I understand why Odegaard made this move but it was purely financial. Be smart, move to a smaller team first. Gain some experience.
Or go to Real, train with Ronaldo and learn from the best. Both options have their benefits.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Real is just an awful choice. You have far less chance breaking through to the first team there than you do almost anywhere else. I'm not saying he won't, I just don't think it was thr smartest career move.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Real is just an awful choice. You have far less chance breaking through to the first team there than you do almost anywhere else. I'm not saying he won't, I just don't think it was thr smartest career move.
Not if you're universally known as the greatest talent alive. People will want to see him. He will play.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Are you implying he is the greatest talent alive?
No. I am saying that he is known as the greatest talent alive. Two very different things.

- - - Updated - - -

This wasn't a gamble, you know. Real Madrid will get their money back ten times at least. Odegaard in the meantime is virtually certain he'll get to play for them in the near future and is earning millions already. Win win.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I am just saying that sometimes stepping up one step, or two steps at a time can and normally does work out better than jumping from the bottom to the top in one go. Many young players have come and gone because of it, the biggest test IMO, is from 16/17-19/20 the most important one that is.

Look at someone like Kakuta.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I am just saying that sometimes stepping up one step, or two steps at a time can and normally does work out better than jumping from the bottom to the top in one go. Many young players have come and gone because of it, the biggest test IMO, is from 16/17-19/20 the most important one that is.

Look at someone like Kakuta.
Yes. That goes for talented players.

The same does not hold true for supertalents. Ronaldo went to Manchester United. Messi always played for Barcelona. The very definition of a supertalent is that the same rules do not apply.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Ronaldo was still 18 years old and played basically a full season in Portugal, it is still a big difference. Messi didn't have the price tag to live up to either, not saying he didn't have pressure though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ronaldo was still 18 years old and played basically a full season in Portugal, it is still a big difference. Messi didn't have the price tag to live up to either, not saying he didn't have pressure though.
The price tag for Odegaard is nothing for Real Madrid. Pennies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I more mean the pressure it will bring to him.
True. The pressure is immense. But I still think he has all what is necessary to succeed. I'm not a fan of small steps for big talents. They usually get stuck somewhere along the way.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
His contract will expire when he's 18/19. He's not bound to the club 'til he's 25.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)