Marrone, the dream continues (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Luca Marrone ended last season in style by setting the Bianconeri on their way to a 3-1 victory in the final Serie A fixture against Atalanta.
Fast forward three months and the youngster was back in the starting line-up for Saturday’s win over Parma at Juventus Stadium.
This time, however, he figured in an unorthodox role at the heart of the Juventus rearguard after impressing as a central defender during pre-season.
“I’m happy with how everything’s going,” said the 22-year-old. “I was in the starting line-up for the first championship game of the season, in front of our own supporters and - just as it is every time I pull on this shirt - it felt like I was living a dream. I want to show even more and establish myself as a Juventus player.”
For those who know Marrone, his seamless adaptation to the new challenge comes as no surprise. Yet he insists he will continue to listen and learn as his football education continues.
“The toughest thing to take on board is the tactical aspect. You need to maintain your concentration at all times and make the right movements when covering.
“On the other hand I feel at ease when setting the play. I operate practically ten metres behind Pirlo and have to act as a sweeper.
“In any case there’s a lot to work on during the week and I’m helped by advice from both staff and fellow team-mates.”
Marrone echoed the sentiments of his team-mates when asked to assess the Bianconeri’s overall display in the 2-0 success against Roberto Donadoni’s men.
“We had a low tempo and things weren’t going our way. However we managed to give a good account of ourselves in the second half. We know we need to develop further.
“Having the Scudetto on our chests gives us strength, but it also brings responsibility. We must show our worth every time we cross that white line.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)