Marquez (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But who cares, I mean lets get some South Americans and some Dutchmen to lead ourselves past a Milan team who is the best in the world and just won the CL by starting 3 DM's and 8 Italians. Lets be like Liverpool and other English teams who just sign anyone who will accept their offer.

It is a joke
Okay fine. Lets sign Iaquinta, Barzagli, Mesto, Falcone, Barone, Zaccardo, Semioli and call it a transfer success.

Then once we languish in mid table Serie A we shall know who to blame.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
tony's dream team:

----------------Buffon----------------
Mesto------Barzagli-------Dainelli--------Chiellini
Camo-----Zanetti--------Paro------------Giovinco
----------Del Piero----------Iaquinta

how far do you think that team would go?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Okay fine. Lets sign Iaquinta, Barzagli, Mesto, Falcone, Barone, Zaccardo, Semioli and call it a transfer success.

Then once we languish in mid table Serie A we shall know who to blame.
:lol:

At the first sentence I was ready to flame this guy ... until I realized it was Andy being sarcastic.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
tony's dream team:

----------------Buffon----------------
Mesto------Barzagli-------Dainelli--------Chiellini
Camo-----Zanetti--------Paro------------Giovinco
----------Del Piero----------Iaquinta

how far do you think that team would go?
Thats hardly a dream team, but you can spin anything whichever way you want I guess. The team in my signature isn't even a dream team, it is a team that I think is realistic and can get us into the top 3 or 4 next year. Italians win buddy, no matter how badly you can't see that. They win. Juventus, Milan, Azzurri, Ferrari, and very soon it will be Ducati as well. They are winners.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
the only italians that come to my mind and are actually good are barzagli and danielli in defence
rossina and de rossi are great but thats not happening any time soon
maresca will be good though

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This is a joke. People are really stupid. A Mexican defender on Juventus and no one even cares. The world has truly spun off it's axis.
The only one stupid here is you with your italian players obsession. So what if he's Mexican ? Montero was from Uruguay and he served us well. It's not like there's no such thing as great south/north american defender.
If there's an Italian defender as good as Marquez and if he's available then i'd also be on your side and i'd prefer the Italian.
But apart from Nesta, Materazzi and Cannavaro all the other italian defenders are inferior to Marquez.

And Juve's not losing the italian identity at all. Marquez will replace one of Boumsong/Kovac.... French and Croat.
We'll still have Buffon ( god willing) , Chiellini, Del Piero, Zanetti, Camoranesi, Marchionni, Balzaretti, Palladino.

Yeah, Milan had 7 (not 8) italians in starting lineup. But it would have been 6 Italians if Ronaldo wasn't cup tied and it's something like 55% of the team.
When we played CL final in 2003 both we and Milan had 6 Italians, in 2005 Milan had only 4 Italian starters.
Barcelona last year, Milan throughout the years and many other CL winners had a bunch of south americans and they still won a lot.

Don't be stubborn and start looking after what's best for Juve. We need great players in these hard moments, not average Italians.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Thats hardly a dream team, but you can spin anything whichever way you want I guess. The team in my signature isn't even a dream team, it is a team that I think is realistic and can get us into the top 3 or 4 next year. Italians win buddy, no matter how badly you can't see that. They win. Juventus, Milan, Azzurri, Ferrari, and very soon it will be Ducati as well. They are winners.
Ferrari-> successful when driven by a german, and now a brazilian

Juventus-> when we won, we usually had more foreigners than italians.

Milan-> their best players are foreigners, present day and in the past, Kaka, Shevchenko, Van Basten

i always support Italy, but when someone like you, who has no connection to Italy, comes saying that foreigners in a team ruin it, makes me see how ignorant some people are, especially people like you

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
The only one stupid here is you with your italian players obsession. So what if he's Mexican ? Montero was from Uruguay and he served us well. It's not like there's no such thing as great south/north american defender.
If there's an Italian defender as good as Marquez and if he's available then i'd also be on your side and i'd prefer the Italian.
But apart from Nesta, Materazzi and Cannavaro all the other italian defenders are inferior to Marquez.

And Juve's not losing the italian identity at all. Marquez will replace one of Boumsong/Kovac.... French and Croat.
We'll still have Buffon ( god willing) , Chiellini, Del Piero, Zanetti, Camoranesi, Marchionni, Balzaretti, Palladino.

Yeah, Milan had 7 (not 8) italians in starting lineup. But it would have been 6 Italians if Ronaldo wasn't cup tied and it's something like 55% of the team.
When we played CL final in 2003 both we and Milan had 6 Italians, in 2005 Milan had only 4 Italian starters.
Barcelona last year, Milan throughout the years and many other CL winners had a bunch of south americans and they still won a lot.

Don't be stubborn and start looking after what's best for Juve. We need great players in these hard moments, not average Italians.
Marquez is hardly a great player. Great is not a term to be thrown around. I think he is vastly overrated. I would take Dainelli over him in a second.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
Marquez is hardly a great player. Great is not a term to be thrown around. I think he is vastly overrated. I would take Dainelli over him in a second.
How can you doubt Marquez?!

He is a player that has peformed consistently over the last 6 years!! You can't find a lot of defenders about who you could claim the same thing!

Have you actually seen the man play?! Me guess is no, because if you had you wouldn't doubt him.

Stop thrashing players you haven't even seen enough to judge them!

I hope they sign him just so I can use the worn-out frase: "What did I say?"

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007

Milan-> their best players are foreigners, present day and in the past, Kaka, Shevchenko, Van Basten

i always support Italy, but when someone like you, who has no connection to Italy, comes saying that foreigners in a team ruin it, makes me see how ignorant some people are, especially people like you
Ferrari had more F1 wins than any other manufacturer before Schumacher even came around. The best driver of all time compared with the best car on the track=domination.

Let me condense my point. Marquez sucks. No thanks. Maybe that is easier for people to handle.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ferrari had more F1 wins than any other manufacturer before Schumacher even came around. The best driver of all time compared with the best car on the track=domination.

Let me condense my point. Marquez sucks. No thanks. Maybe that is easier for people to handle.
You still haven't given an arguments to why Marquez sucks. Why don't you give us some sort of evidence instead of just blasting the player because he's Mexican or South/Central American.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sure, one of the best defenders in champions league winning team, the leader of the defense together with Puyol, is certanly no better than an Italian whose name is hardly known outside Italy and who's at the same age as Marquez.

Dainelli will be 28 in 2 weeks. He has absolutely no experience with the national team (only 1 cap) , he has absolutely no experience in Europe (0 matches in champions league).
How can you compare him with Marquez, who is less than a month older, who has huge CL experience, who's captain of his national team and who's used to winning ?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

I'm for the mix too, but can't really agree on that sentence, man, actually can't agree at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)