Marquez (1 Viewer)

Adzke

May 19, 2007
Marquez is NOT better than Barzagli. He is Mexican who plays in a league where there is no such thing as defense and he makes bonehead decisions by the truckload. He is an idiot and I don't want any part of him of Juventus.
Isn't that a bit harsh?

He is a rare combination of size, speed, power, technique, he can keep his head cool, and isn't rattled by pressure.

If you like him or not; he's got the intangibles.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Marquez is NOT better than Barzagli. He is Mexican who plays in a league where there is no such thing as defense and he makes bonehead decisions by the truckload. He is an idiot and I don't want any part of him of Juventus.
What about the 4 years he spent with AS Monaco, when they were a top French club, notwithstanding his achievements internationally.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh yes he is. Marquez is few classes above Barzagli.
You should have watched Barzagli this season. He was a disaster.
And he wasn't a disaster because he came after injury or because he was in bad form, but because that's how good he is.
I'm not huge fan of Marquez but comparing him to Barzagli is an insult towards the Mexican captain.

Jul 24, 2006
Sorry Tonykart but personally I'd take Marquez over Barzagli any day of the week.. Marquez looked better in the WC in a decidedly worse team than Barzagli who spent most of his minutes just trying to get out of Canna's way!

For Barca in the CL run last year Marquez was massive. Good range of passing out of defense (which we sorely need), cool head, hard in the challenge.

Got to remember we played for years with Montero as a starter.. Would anyone have called him an elite CB back in the day..? As a part of a cohesive back 4 though he played his part well and I see Marquez playing a more cultured but similar role for us.

Marquez has more than the skills to be an excellent addition to our starting lineup as well as being a realistic target in terms of availabilty and age. Hope to see him in the black and white..

Jul 5, 2005
We need a player who can develop Juve's game - like as Kaka doind with milan - and another transfer that can not bring any diference.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Marquez is far better than Barzagli. I am able to follow Rafa when he plays for Mexico and while I can't stand his national team and never liked the player I still have to say he's quality, even more for Mexico than club football. Marquez can really do it all at the back and we shouldn't judge him on just one bad season where he has been played out of position.

No offense man but you really tend to overrate some Italian players.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
We aren't talking to any Italian players besides Mesto and Iaquinta. YAY
But who cares, I mean lets get some South Americans and some Dutchmen to lead ourselves past a Milan team who is the best in the world and just won the CL by starting 3 DM's and 8 Italians. Lets be like Liverpool and other English teams who just sign anyone who will accept their offer.

It is a joke

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
tony"donkey"kart, how many italian players are there on the market that we can afford, won't be overpriced and are better than foreigners, who are relatively cheap

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
But who cares, I mean lets get some South Americans and some Dutchmen to lead ourselves past a Milan team who is the best in the world and just won the CL by starting 3 DM's and 8 Italians. Lets be like Liverpool and other English teams who just sign anyone who will accept their offer.

It is a joke
This is the reason why Buffon, Trez and Camo want to leave. We are losing signatures left and right and just moving from one guy to the next. Anyone we can sign right. We supposedly had Barzagli already signed so lets lock him in, lets pick up a solid Italian CB in Dainelli and then focus on a good DM or two and a CF. We don't NEED any South Americans on Juventus. Especially in the defensive department.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
tony"donkey"kart, how many italian players are there on the market that we can afford, won't be overpriced and are better than foreigners, who are relatively cheap
Everyone is overpriced for us because no one wants to come here anymore. After we sign boneheads like Marquez and Heinze to our defense and way bye to Buffon, our problem is just going to compound itself. We HAVE to over pay people (especially foreigners) to come here right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)