Marketing & Commerce (14 Viewers)

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
It can be a sign of crisis, or it can take place when the strategy team behind a brand see it as a path to where they want to go. Im not claiming that I understand the specific market J is operating in (none of us should claim that), but its clearly a move towards new markets and not a sign of crisis.

I do work with branding and content in an all together different industry and what J is doing with this rebranding and branching might be more about having a temporary base from which you can market the club. IE, the clothes might not be a future core market in itself, but the slight added value of producing our own streetwear might help the club engage potential fans through channels which the other clubs atm do not have.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
:tup:

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
I don't get this. it's supposed to be exposing and expanding the Juve brand, but I don't see a :jj: logo anywhere...:shifty: Apart from being sold from our website, what's the difference between this and 5-10$ random shirts that are made by blind people on boats??

OP
DutchJuventino
Apr 9, 2015
  • Thread Starter #225
    I don't get this. it's supposed to be exposing and expanding the Juve brand, but I don't see a :jj: logo anywhere...:shifty: Apart from being sold from our website, what's the difference between this and 5-10$ random shirts that are made by blind people on boats??
    This is in an Adidas store and if people like it they will buy it.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    This is in an Adidas store and if people like it they will buy it.
    Will these be in Adidas stores though? I doubt it because none of those shirts are dual branded. However, over the past year or so Juve have gone into licensing agreements with a number of different firms around the world. Wouldn't be surprised if these show up in semi-major retail outlets around the world.
    Still a long shot though.

We've had these self branded products before as well. They were generally poor quality though and was never marketed afaik.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
    But you would see our crest everywhere?
    That's what this whole new logo, new brand should do. On every product that you make, you put the :jj: logo. it was designed so it would move from the football-sports only area and would be suited for any clothes or accessories or whatever. Being a new brand, you need to raise awareness. I don't have a problem with this only available in Juve stores, online and on land; but every item we produce should have an :jj: that's it's visible. Sure, for the more business-y clothes this logo should be smaller and discreet, but it should be there.

The only thing I don't know is who is manufacturing this? Does Juve, as a football club hire designers and tailors and so on so we have an internal product? Do we partner with other manufacturers, but wouldn't that make it their product, or it would be dual branded?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    The only thing I don't know is who is manufacturing this? Does Juve, as a football club hire designers and tailors and so on so we have an internal product? Do we partner with other manufacturers, but wouldn't that make it their product, or it would be dual branded?
    Why would it be their product or dual branded?

Dual branded would be like adidas, but when you simply pay a company to make you shirts it ends there.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
    I don't know hos this works, that's why I'm asking. I get what you are saying and let's say Juve will pay Armani for their business-y line. Would those clothes have only the :jj: logo, or will Armani put their logo too. If not, how will people know it's an Armani-quality piece? just look at the clothing line from the Juve world tribe, no logo, no nothing; who's making that, what quality is that?

When you make quality stuff, you want to have brand awareness, you need people to associate quality products to your name. IMO we need people outside football and sports to but the :jj: branded stuff, and you can only do that if it's quality and people will know it's quality if they know who is making that.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    The Yankees are the best example. You see their apparel everywhere.
    Apparently some people here think they buy Yankees apparel because of its connection to New York which is BS. People buy it because it's trendy. No one cares about baseball or it's connection to New York ffs.

What I see is our management trying to create a synergy as in them using :jj: to promote their clothing/apparel business while at the same time drawing more exposure to :jj: the football club creating an alternative market in the process. As I said , the project is still in its infancy so it's too early to say whether it's a good or a bad decision.

Apr 19, 2007
    Apparently some people here think they buy Yankees apparel because of its connection to New York which is BS. People buy it because it's trendy. No one cares about baseball or it's connection to New York ffs.

What I see is our management trying to create a synergy as in them using :jj: to promote their clothing/apparel business while at the same time drawing more exposure to :jj: the football club creating an alternative market in the process. As I said , the project is still in its infancy so it's too early to say whether it's a good or a bad decision.
    Spot on. Judging a rebranding effort in its first year by what you see on the streets is just stupid

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    Looks great !

What I dont like is our social media activity. I mean I love to follow Juve but official twitter/Fb/Insta Juve accounts posts so rarely that its really hard to entertain it. If they post a movie it lasts no more than 1:30 mins and usually is really boring. Im so in need of some Juve material and they dont deliver - how do they want to lure new fans with such efforts? You have so many of our star players in Turin and you cant make interesting movie with them enjoying training each day?

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    https://hypebeast.com/2018/9/hello-velocity-brand-new-roman-corporate-logo-font

The Brand New Roman Font Serves as a Clever Statement on Consumerism

Utilizing the recognizable logos that surround us.

Looking to make a clever statement on the consumerism that surrounds us, digital studio Hello Velocity put together a typeface utilizing corporate company logos.
    Brand New Roman font serves to bring what Hello Velocity is calling “thought-provoking internet experiences.” Installing the font as part of a Chrome or Firefox plugin, entire web pages are turned into functional commercials replacing text with a readable mashup of branding. Highlighting how ingrained companies are in our lives, the typeface is made up of 76 recognizable logos taken from household names like Amazon, Target, McDonald’s, Pepsi and more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)