Mario Mandžukić (39 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Still no word from the club?
Probably has to pass his physical there before its "official"?

- - - Updated - - -

Osman BigBert44 GordoDeCentral Oggy Elvin Juve_fanatic Nejc Turk_Bianconero jukazem Quetzalcoatl Powis B3N AFL_ITALIA JuvePerSempre10 Ronn Xperd 4ndr3i Anan M Raphaël Juvellino Strickland

:sad:

Last edited:

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Crazy how we didnt get a penny for him, Paratici really is an awful sporting director.

Really loved his warrior attitude, one of few Players to identify with

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Mandzukic: 'It's time for a new chapter'

By Football Italia staff

During Christmas, Mario Mandzukic officially terminated his contract at Juventus and is ready for a move to Al Duhail in Qatar after four and a half years at the club.
When Maurizio Sarri arrived at the Allianz Arena last summer, it seemed like the former Croatia international would be heading for the door immediately, but a transfer during the summer never materialised.
One of former coach Massimiliano Allegri’s most trusted men in the Bianconeri shirt was frozen out of the squad by the new boss and has not played since last season, making a move this winter more or less inevitable.
Despite the 33-year-old remaining at the club after the transfer window had been shut, he was left out of the Champions League squad and never appeared to be in the Old Lady’s plans.
He revealed it was difficult to say goodbye to the Juventus faithful, but in a social media post he chose to leave out the names of both sporting director Fabio Paratici and President Andrea Agnelli.
“It’s impossible to summarise four and a half years in a simple goodbye,” he wrote on social media. “But I hope you have witnessed my passion for this club and for this team in every single game I have played for Juventus.”
A big thank you to Mr. Allegri and Mr. [Giuseppe] Marotta for wanting me in Turin.
“I thank all the teammates I have had during these seasons. I really enjoyed every single battle with you, and we won most of these battles!
“I will not forget all the victories and trophies, the results of our quality, hard work and team spirit. A big thank you also to the staff who work behind the scenes – coaches, medical staff, physiotherapists and any other person who make sure that Juventus players are in their best conditions. :lol:
“Finally, the biggest thanks for the wonderful fans that are the real reason why the club is so big and successful – I really appreciated the support you showed me from day one. In conclusion, I have always tried to do my best for the Bianconeri, I wish you the best! And for me, it’s time for a new chapter.”
Mandzukic played 126 games for Juventus and scored 44 goals for the Bianconeri. He arrived in Turin from Atletico Madrid in July 2015 for €23.5m after previous spells at Wolfsburg and Bayern Munich in the German Bundesliga.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It is subjective, for sure. Like everything else fandom related.

But the general consensus on Tuz (60-70% for Mandzukic, probably higher for Pirlo), seems to place these guys as legends of a lower tier than DP, Buffon, Chiellini, etc. But legends nonetheless.
It's all about recognizing players that brought something substantial to the club. I associate Vidal with Juve and Pirlo was such a driving force for us. Both of them played their part in our revival. Definitely Legends.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

But the general consensus on Tuz (60-70% for Mandzukic, probably higher for Pirlo), seems to place these guys as legends of a lower tier than DP, Buffon, Chiellini, etc. But legends nonetheless.
pirlo is a legend of the highest tier dont care where else he played

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Tuz is retarded and its consensus shouldn't be given much weight :grin: also there's that recency bias. My feeling is that consensus wouldn't be so large in ten years. Not that it's a big deal, just for the sake of discussion.

Personally I would put guys like him and Vidal in an in between status, like mentioned before. Maybe "heroes" rather than legends :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)