Mario Mandžukić (31 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
that's a very polite way to put it, if it's true that the club released him. paratici gave mandzukic a new contract in april, just to put him on the market a couple of months later, and rescind the contract in the same year. cannot he plan 5-7 months ahead?
evidently, no, no he cannot and look at the situation we ended up in? An overabundance of players, particularly attackers. Too many to register so we saw a hustle to sell Higuain, Dybala (both who are having world class seasons) and then Kean, our one homegrown whose sale literally did nothing to help our registration issues.

Did we not also resign Rugani to two improved deals last season only to sign three new CBs and struggle/fail to get rid of him?

For the love of god.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Because he was terrible in the latter stages of last year I assume, I have no issue with him going but we shot ourselves in the foot with the contract extension
Yes, its terrible for us to keep extending the contract of our old players
Lately we also extend Khedira (2021 with another 1 year player option), Bonucci for 5 years (even he is just signed last year), Cuadrado
And there are news we want to extend Matuidi. This old players has valuable experience and great locker room presence but
Paratici and Nedved need to learn about refreshing the squad gradually. We cant depend on Khedira, Matuidi, Cuadrado, Bonucci for another 2-5 years to become champion

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I wouldn't consider him a legend but I wouldnt under value how much he contributed to our success in recent years by calling him a rookie. He falls just short of a legend imo

That goal in the CL was legendary though it's a shame it doesn't have more significance.
There should be 3 categories: Rookie, Star, Legend.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow seriously went for nothing.
Getting rid of wages of frozen players is getting something... kinda.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, its terrible for us to keep extending the contract of our old players
Lately we also extend Khedira (2021 with another 1 year player option), Bonucci for 5 years (even he is just signed last year), Cuadrado
And there are news we want to extend Matuidi. This old players has valuable experience and great locker room presence but
Paratici and Nedved need to learn about refreshing the squad gradually. We cant depend on Khedira, Matuidi, Cuadrado, Bonucci for another 2-5 years to become champion
The extend their contracts to relax them, but they could get better performances from players if they felt they need to earn a new contract either here or at another club. Don't extend until there's only one year left!

Jul 2, 2006
there is a reason why he was frozen out. he rejected offers in summer that made club lose around 15m €. so much for a legend.

second reason is his impressive stats. if we had chiellini playing as striker instead of him, he would have no problem reaching same numbers. if this guy had a nickname it would have been ''one digit man''.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
there is a reason why he was frozen out. he rejected offers in summer that made club lose around 15m €. so much for a legend.

second reason is his impressive stats. if we had chiellini playing as striker instead of him, he would have no problem reaching same numbers. if this guy had a nickname it would have been ''one digit man''.
U forgot to take your morning pills. Please adress this asap. Tnx

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He is a Tier 2 legend if that makes any sense..

Like B81 said , maybe we should have a 3rd category.

For me he is in the in between category. He's not Trezeguet tier legend but he's not Vucinic/Matri tier rookie either.

People need to remember that this is a club that has a storied history of elite strikers who all have had massive success here so I find it quite hard to put Mandzukic in that category.

If guys like Vidal, Tevez, Pogba etc belong in the rookie section( who all arguably have had bigger impact than Mandzukic in their time at Juventus), then there's a fair argument to include Mandzukic in there too.

He's a fan favorite who had a fantastic spell here but I vote rookie too.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Based on talent or recognition? If that's the case that's a shallow reason imo
More about the length of time and contribution. He had some great moments but overall didn't really do more than many other past players. In ten years time I doubt many will really think of him as a legend

People even questioned Pirlos's status, and he was here for longer and had a much bigger impact

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
More about the length of time and contribution. He had some great moments but overall didn't really do more than many other past players. In ten years time I doubt many will really think of him as a legend

People even questioned Pirlos's status, and he was here for longer and had a much bigger impact
Mandzukic was here longer, actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)