Mario Mandžukić (26 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Mario is a living legend at the club. Hope Sarri can find a way to use the specific strenghts he has. I remember Milik in his first months at Napoli before the first major injury was quite effective in his system. Mario has such a high football IQ I have no doubts he can adjust too. He´s technique and short passing is underrated as well. He can still be very useful.

On the other hand we don´t know if he will accept having a lesser role than under Max and would want to leave based on that.

Jan 22, 2016
He has been a great servant for us. I enjoyed his clutch goals more than any of our players. His first 3 seasons was just amazing. After the Cardiff final he started to show slowness and that's normal for his age.
I don't think he would be happy to sit on the bench so it's the best time for him to leave and go somewhere that can play as starter like MLS and make more money.

Unfortunately, I don't think we will see him in our shirt next season.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
He should be phased out, should not have been a starter next season under any coach, but i don't see him playing under Sarri's system much at all, we could still get some money from him rather than him being on the bench all season, didn't Dortmund offer 20mil for him earlier, i'd take that in a heartbeat

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
He's worth keeping, but if any decent offer arrives it's probably best for all parties if he leaves. He'll most likely have a role like Llorente at Tottenham which I doubt he'd approve. However, there's the chance that either Ronaldo or Dybala are successes in the #9 role and we'll revert to our more traditional set-up where he'll play more. However there is Kean too who is a more dynamic striker that Sarri would obviously like.

His biggest asset is locker room personality, which is super scarce nowadays since Barza is gone as well. There's only him, Khedira and Chiello to show the new mercenaries on how the winning of the past 5 years has been done.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Legend.

But time to go.. he probably knows it, but I don't know if he already accepts it. I think he may give it a go in the first part of the season and, after warming the bench too much, will leave for practically free in January. But ideally, he should go now.. Kean is the perfect replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)