Mario Mandžukić (60 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
LMAO i just realized that all this time we had Kean on the bench - how could Allegri not use him? thats criminal.
Mandzu was totally useless all game, no point in playing him in current form.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
It isn’t like Mario is the one standing in the way of a start for Keane. The two are hardly similar players. Ronaldo plays much better off Mario than he would if someone like Kean was starting alongside him.

Yes he could do with some time on the bench to recharge his batteries more than anything else, but to suggest that he isn’t good enough for top tier football is laughable.

Not to say that his form hasn’t dipped over the course of the season, but it certainly isn’t as bad as it is made out to be.

The man is an absolute tank and doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Story of his career really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
It isn’t like Mario is the one standing in the way of a start for Keane. The two are hardly similar players. Ronaldo plays much better off Mario than he would if someone like Kean was starting alongside him.

Yes he could do with some time on the bench to recharge his batteries more than anything else, but to suggest that he isn’t good enough for top tier football is laughable.

Not to say that his form hasn’t dipped over the course of the season, but it certainly isn’t as bad as it is made out to be.

The man is an absolute tank and doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Story of his career really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry but how do you know this for fact when kean and ronaldo have not played one game together ?? This might have been true early on in the season but for the last 4 months mario has not helped ronaldo one bit hes just a extra body to take some players of ronaldo which kean could do and maybe actually help him more.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
you just cant defend Mandzukic on current form. Im of course not saying he is garbage, has to leave etc., but in current form Kean has to play instead of him. Mario had 22 touches and 47 % passing succes rate, thats embarassing. Thats a Khedira level right here. You can say he won many aerial duels, but did it bring anything positive? For me in this game he did nothing, as much as like him, he cant start atm.

Sep 13, 2015
Max primarily uses him to hassle central defenders, open up spaces for Ronaldo and track back. These moves can't be conveyed into statistics, thus he looks ineffective.

Last time I checked I think he has almost 10 goals and assists in all competitions which is not bad for a support striker.

Personally, I think this tactic is kind of old fashioned cause it makes us look like we play with 10 players on the field. Especially we can't hurt teams with counter attacks cause Mario seems a bit sluggish.

I would prefer a more technical option to support Ronaldo.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Mario is clearly off form and looks tired. But I thought it was VERY evident yesterday that Ronaldo became much less effective once Mario got subbed. Ronaldo is not comfortable with regularly receiving the ball with his back against the defender.

When on, Mario does that for him and sets him up on the wing while he draws a defender on himself. Kean's hold up play isn't on Mario's level (yet). He's good at attacking space. Would be interesting to see how he and Ronaldo would link up, but do not take Mario's qualities for granted.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Mario is clearly off form and looks tired. But I thought it was VERY evident yesterday that Ronaldo became much less effective once Mario got subbed. Ronaldo is not comfortable with regularly receiving the ball with his back against the defender.

When on, Mario does that for him and sets him up on the wing while he draws a defender on himself. Kean's hold up play isn't on Mario's level (yet). He's good at attacking space. Would be interesting to see how he and Ronaldo would link up, but do not take Mario's qualities for granted.
My take on this fellas season, I cant keep it in:

There are so many excuses for Mario. We have been the whole way around now. So many myths about how he actually contributes to the team, and all of them debunked one by one. First it was how many goals he can score and that he definitely didnt get lucky with a lot of very easy tap-ins in the start of the season. Then it was how much he is running each game, which was also proven completely wrong, as he runs second or third least after Szczesny and Bonucci. Then it was about him having a great season but just a dip of form, being tired. Now the last straw that people seem to cling onto, is that Ronaldo cant play without him. That Mario somehow is so deadly or intelligent that he gives Ronaldo amazing space and room to excel, like he never did before. Even Dybala has surpassed him on goals scored this season. Dybala who is one of our players who actually runs the most during a game and is both in midfield and attack. Dybala isnt so fortunate to be called a warrior though (Im not trying to say Dybala had a good season).

I just dont know what more people expect from Mandzukic, what you think he can do? He is not built for running, he is very heavy in his movement. He doesnt have acceleration and never dribbles. He has 1 shot per game and rarely outside the small area. He isnt very strong technically, got an okay touch and eye for flick-ons, but besides that, very awkward. He isnt as physically strong and 'fearsome' as some seem to think, he rarely wins a dual against a CB. He doesnt shake them off like a 'tank' as some said.
For a defender, he is piece of cake to deal with. No-way he is occupying 2 or 3 defenders.

His heroroic performance last 10 min against Milan? He should have gotten a red card for kicking a player laying down in our PK area and nearly cost us 1-2 penalties. We got very lucky there. I dont know if it is something to celebrate. I prefer that he stays in his position (the opponents box) than wandering around creating chaos. When Mandzukic is in our PK area, he will bring with him a big fucking CB there too to cause havoc. Not sure I want that as a defensive strategy.

I think it is time Allegri gives up on his favorite and think of the team instead of his friend. We need 11 good players on the field to beat Ajax, City/Liverpool/Barca.

Last edited:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

There are so many excuses for Mario. We have been the whole way around now. So many myths about how he actually contributes to the team, and all of them debunked one by one. First it was how many goals he can score and that he definitely didnt get lucky with a lot of very easy tap-ins in the start of the season. Then it was how much he is running each game, which was also proven completely wrong, as he runs second or third least after Szczesny and Bonucci. Then it was about him having a great season but just a dip of form, being tired. Now the last straw that people seem to cling onto, is that Ronaldo cant play without him. That Mario somehow is so deadly or intelligent that he gives Ronaldo amazing space and room to excel, like he never did before. Even Dybala has surpassed him on goals scored this season. Dybala who is one of our players who actually runs the most during a game and is both in midfield and attack. Dybala isnt so fortunate to be called a warrior though (Im not trying to say Dybala had a good season).

I just dont know what more people expect from Mandzukic, what you think he can do? He is not built for running, he is very heavy in his movement. He doesnt have acceleration and never dribbles. He has 1 shot per game and rarely outside the small area. He isnt very strong technically, got an okay touch and eye for flick-ons, but besides that, very awkward. He isnt as physically strong and 'fearsome' as some seem to think, he rarely wins a dual against a CB. He doesnt shake them off like a 'tank' as some said.
For a defender, he is piece of cake to deal with. No-way he is occupying 2 or 3 defenders.

His heroroic performance last 10 min against Milan? He should have gotten a red card for kicking a player laying down in our PK area and nearly cost us 1-2 penalties. We got very lucky there. I dont know if it is something to celebrate. I prefer that he stays in his position (the opponents box) than wandering around creating chaos. When Mandzukic is in our PK area, he will bring with him a big fucking CB there too to cause havoc. Not sure I want that as a defensive strategy.

I think it is time Allegri gives up on his favorite and think of the team instead of his friend. We need 11 good players on the field to beat Ajax, City/Liverpool/Barca.
:baus:
Welcome back. And to think we just gave this oak a payrise and a contract extension. 12 games without a goal and people are still defending him, and giving him credit for standing around on the field.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017

I started my last post by stating that he is clearly off form and looks tired, so I don't think there are made any excuses for him.

You mention how many goals he scored and "easy tap-ins". The man scored against Napoli, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio to basically wrap up the scudetto. Those headers against Roma, Milan, Napoli and Inter were far from tap-ins, he absolutely destroyed one fullback after the other.

People mention his passing completion %. In Serie A, his percentage is 71 %.
For a number 9, the percentage will always be lower as they play with a defender pressuring them very often. You know what the passing % of Belotti and the beloved Quagliarella are? 64 and 68. Dzeko is at 72, Piatek at 73, Icardi is at 70 % etc etc.

And you guys like to use whoscored a lot:
Whoscored have Mario Mandzukic as the fourth best player in Serie A this season based on their player ratings. How come?

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
People defending him right now say we cant compare his goal ratio to other strikers because he is playing different role. Yet there is no problem in comparing his passing stats to other CFs. For me supporting striker is someone who will not only create space for others but also get the ball, hold it and then pass it to the other attacker. With 22 touches and passing at 47 % you are definitely not doing your job.

Im not here to bash Mario, but its normal that player who is completely out of form should hit the bench - this happened to Dybala.

Jan 22, 2016
I started my last post by stating that he is clearly off form and looks tired, so I don't think there are made any excuses for him.

You mention how many goals he scored and "easy tap-ins". The man scored against Napoli, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio to basically wrap up the scudetto. Those headers against Roma, Milan, Napoli and Inter were far from tap-ins, he absolutely destroyed one fullback after the other.

People mention his passing completion %. In Serie A, his percentage is 71 %.
For a number 9, the percentage will always be lower as they play with a defender pressuring them very often. You know what the passing % of Belotti and the beloved Quagliarella are? 64 and 68. Dzeko is at 72, Piatek at 73, Icardi is at 70 % etc etc.

And you guys like to use whoscored a lot:
Whoscored have Mario Mandzukic as the fourth best player in Serie A this season based on their player ratings. How come?
Dude instead of bringing useless stats, watch our games. Mandzukic hasn't done shit for almost 5 months and there are still people who find a way to defend him. He should have hit the bench 3 months ago but instead he is playing ahead of our most inform player. That's infuriating at least.

We were in the same situation with Khedira until he got injured. Allegri is making big mistake and doesn't learn from it

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Dude instead of bringing useless stats, watch our games. Mandzukic hasn't done shit for almost 5 months and there are still people who find a way to defend him. He should have hit the bench 3 months ago but instead he is playing ahead of our most inform player. That's infuriating at least.

We were in the same situation with Khedira until he got injured. Allegri is making big mistake and doesn't learn from it
Exactly.

Clinging onto everything to justify his idol.

The fact is that he is off form and needs to hit the bench indefinitely. As a forward he is doing really bad right now. We need goals and runs and being a constant thread in the area. He is doing nothing of this and is not like ronaldo is scoring hattricks everygame thanks to his tankyness.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
He’s a match winner.

I think Max knows all this and is playing him to see if/when he gets out of this rut. Cos you can’t get out of it sitting on the bench. Just gonna have to ride this one out, til he has enough.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He’s a match winner.

I think Max knows all this and is playing him to see if/when he gets out of this rut. Cos you can’t get out of it sitting on the bench. Just gonna have to ride this one out, til he has enough.
Dybala could be a match winner too if we go by this logic. If you give him enough gametime he will eventually get some goals. But how can you justify playing him nonstop if he is so off form?

Well thats is what happening with mandzukic.

How much more time allegri then will start mandz to see him getting a match winning goal? Any decent forward will do that from time to time, heck, kean has been doing that the last month everygame.

Theres no excuse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)