Mario Mandžukić (27 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Really not his night tonight. Shame because you think Manbro's clutch factor means you would want to have him on the pitch for that one chance he will score but he is losing every single ball/ duel.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I notice that in my abscence here, this forum has turned several more people in to peasant filth

Why did Mandzukic play ?

We like to focus with the width on the connection with Ronaldo but also alot of those long vertical passes. If you play Dybala, they put a CDM on him and both CB's have the sandwich on Ronaldo.

Mandzukic on the other hand. You need to put a CB on him or we redirect all long passes to him instead. Both CB's won most of the duels with Mandzukic

Both CB's also got shafted by Ronaldo on two goals because they had to watch Mandzukic too.

- - - Updated - - -

Godin is his kryptonite
Yep. And while Godin, the best heading CB in decades, was beeing his kryptonite, Ronaldo headed in a brace.

How happy is godin now about beeing some shitty metal thats out of the CL ?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Really not his night tonight. Shame because you think Manbro's clutch factor means you would want to have him on the pitch for that one chance he will score but he is losing every single ball/ duel.
He was in there to take a beating. He's in the worst of forms, but his role was essential to put pressure on their defence. Hope he's fine. That stud marks on his thigh at half time looked really deep.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He was in there to take a beating. He's in the worst of forms, but his role was essential to put pressure on their defence. Hope he's fine. That stud marks on his thigh at half time looked really deep.
You are probably right. Watching the game I was worried about Mario but the beating he took was then not put on Ronaldo. :baus:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I notice that in my abscence here, this forum has turned several more people in to peasant filth

Why did Mandzukic play ?

We like to focus with the width on the connection with Ronaldo but also alot of those long vertical passes. If you play Dybala, they put a CDM on him and both CB's have the sandwich on Ronaldo.

Mandzukic on the other hand. You need to put a CB on him or we redirect all long passes to him instead. Both CB's won most of the duels with Mandzukic

Both CB's also got shafted by Ronaldo on two goals because they had to watch Mandzukic too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. And while Godin, the best heading CB in decades, was beeing his kryptonite, Ronaldo headed in a brace.

How happy is godin now about beeing some shitty metal thats out of the CL ?
Everybody knows his role and what he is supposed to do. Apart from being a physical presence in the box (which he is), he is supposed to be able to hold up the ball, and contribute with goals of his own (which he does not at the moment).
If all he can do as be a physical presence in the box, to take a beating so Ronaldo gets extra room, then you can get the same output from Kean, with the added bonus of having a player that can actually make runs behind the defense.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't think bad form was a factor yesterday. He was simply outplayed and beaten like never before. For 180 minutes vs Atletico, he was losing air duels and wasn't even allowed to make a jump. He didn't jump or move differently, he didn't run less, he was just outplayed and destroyed.
No other team can do this, so he's gonna be one of the vital players from now on.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think bad form was a factor yesterday. He was simply outplayed and beaten like never before. For 180 minutes vs Atletico, he was losing air duels and wasn't even allowed to make a jump. He didn't jump or move differently, he didn't run less, he was just outplayed and destroyed.
No other team can do this, so he's gonna be one of the vital players from now on.
But his presence freed up Ronaldo and Bernardeschi. No other player would have contributed the way he did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)