Mario Mandžukić (14 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Stats eh... like 7 goals-2 assists in 1046 minutes this season.

Pretty terrible ratio of a goal or assist every 116 minutes.

Important goals against Valencia, Napoli(x2), Milan, Lazio. Our most important matches so far this season he has played in (missed the matches against ManU).

3rd highest rated Juve player in the silly whoscored ratings based on stats (behind only Ronaldo and Cancelo).

Very mediocre. :baus:
The whoscored RATINGs are very biased in terms of goals. Mandzukic often goes from a rating of 6.2 to 7.5 by scoring a tap-in. Ronaldo with a performance of 7.5 and scoring a screamer ends up at 7.8. Just fyi.

But that was not the point, you again try to twist a discussion. I know you are excited about the amount of goals he has this season, its also very impressive for his standards. I clearly state that playing him as a tank, with sole responsibility of tapping in, then he is somewhat useful still. So what is it you are trying to say.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Lol

So boring. Same repetitive nonsense bashing Mario, calling him lazy and saying he contributes nothing but tap-ins every single week. Ignoring that he also wins more aerial duels than any player on the team, that he has more assists than any forward not named Ronaldo, that he wins more tackles and interceptions than our other forwards, that he creates space for Ronaldo and Dybala to exploit around the box, that the coach and most commentators/pundits love his game, as do the vast majority of fans.

And you wonder why you get ridiculed.

Enough of your rubbish. Back onto ignore list with you. :touched:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Who in our team are NOT teamplayers? Who are cowards? Who doesnt give everything when they play. Im truly curious. We should get rid of them.
Khedira.
Not in sync with our attacking moves = not a team player
No guts to try offensive passes or dribble = a coward
Strolling around the pitch like an elderly = doesn’t give everything.

Your curiosity has been answered. Now get rid of him.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
You dont usually listen to the stats. Now once you see a fluke incident, you choose stats. How selective, how convenient. We can look at the overall stats, no problem.

Btw its fine playing with him as a tank, no one is complaining about that, as he after Ronaldo is the only one we got. But if he doenst get perfect support, then he is our most useless player.

What would be really great would be if someone spent some time gathering Mandzukic' touches on the ball, from his games this season. It would be a short video, dont worry. And we could more easily see how much he actually contributes. Maybe a job for Juvenann, instead of just pics, win win.
However noone seem to ever create those videos with Mandzukic, even if he is a balon d'or candidate and popular striker.
Funny.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
People calling me out, without knowing for what lol. Every time Mandzukic taps it in, it's proving me wrong or something haha. Calm down. We are not celebrating like apes every time Pjanic makes a simple successful pass. These goals are to be expected.
I was quite spot on once again, even if you don't like it. I didn't like our lineup, playing with 3 strikers in random fashion, without Costa or Cuadrado, is not a good idea. But Ronaldo will eventually create a goal for us.

And what happened..

So much frustration to see in the match thread. People simply surprised that the attack wasn't working and how come we played like shit and why we were so predictable, as was being said.

These things were never said in such degree when we had been playing with wingers (with or without Mandzukic), as those games we dominated from start to finish, playing to our strengths and everyone doing their job.
This place is really becoming toxic with all the no lifers bashing everyone who has a different opinion than them . This should be addressed by the admins .
And yes ,Mandzuukic had a really bad game despite his goal ,I mean ,it was so obvious he couldn't connect anything in this game ,but no lifers keep riding him hard .
He scored the game winning goal. Is scoring regularly this season.

So wtf are you weirdoes on about?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mr.NoGood

Sep 30, 2018

- - - Updated - - -

This place is really becoming toxic with all the no lifers bashing everyone who has a different opinion than them . This should be addressed by the admins .
And yes ,Mandzuukic had a really bad game despite his goal ,I mean ,it was so obvious he couldn't connect anything in this game ,but no lifers keep riding him hard .
tenor (1).gif

james95

Sep 2, 2018
He was great for me. Had few bad first touches but so did Dybala and Ronaldo.
What is the most improtant is that we looked much more dangerous with him as CF. So much air threat and muscles, I love it.
Maybe, but i’d rather Ronaldo play that CF role and D.Costa play the role Ronaldo is playing now. Would make a more electric frontline.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I didnt comment on this thread after his game. I didnt come here to bash him, it was the other way around, a very important point, when speaking about 'haters' and asking why we keep going. You forget that it is yourself initiating the 'debate'. Bravo.

To comment on his game today: He had a better game than he used to. He was way more involved than he used to. And he scored, which is great. He had twice the amount of touches this game than he averages. So this was indeed one of his better games. He missed a sitter that was quite similar to the ones we publicly executed our winger for missing a few games ago, but we didnt concede in the end, so nevermind that, he is 'clutch' 2m from goal anyway.

What I did comment on though, was our general attacking play with him, when we dont play with wingers. More specifically, when we play with 3 CFs and 3 CMs. Everyone seem to agree that we didnt play super well in attack this game, neither in midfield, and my point is that we have seen this many times and that this happens because Dybala and Mandzukic are mostly shit at providing width and crosses, leaving all the work to Ronaldo and Cancelo.

Last season I requested that we dont play Mandzukic as a LM as he simply was terrible and cant dribble, cross or really shoot from distance. Which is the facts, simply as we saw in the numbers. And this season he also doesnt play LM like he did last season, as I expected.

And I will also be right about, that Mandzukic's time is soon up as a starter and that he by the end of the season will be backup CF, or sent to China. Quote me for it. I said it before. If he is as good as you claim, you must also believe he will be a regular starter next season. Or WHAT? Stand up for it or stop disagreeing. You dont even know what you disagree about.

And dont put words in my mouth and make up stories now in the gang. You can jerk in circles all you want, doesnt have anything to do with Mandzukic or me.

Last edited:

Mr.NoGood

Sep 30, 2018
I'll say this last time (not referring to you I'm saying this in general) : many people called him bad player when he played for CNT calling him stump, saying that he should be on bench, that other player (Kramaric) should play instead of him and that he is fraud of player. And now when he is retired same people who bashed him wants him back and talk how great player he was. You don't know what you have till you lose it.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
One of them thinks Mandzu winning the ball back with 5 successful tackles yesterday isn’t of any benefit to the team because he’s a CF. ::lol3::
:lol:

Almost all of Mandzukic’s coaches absolutely love that defensive aspect of his game and that’s why he’s always been a first-choice player for club and country. He’s indispensable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)