Mario Mandžukić (65 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
lol, as I said, we would completely dominate the game, which we did. Our best and most promising performance this season, against a qualified team. Had we been a bit sharper upfront we would have won with a few more.

It will be an uphill struggle for Mandzukic to work his way into our best lineup and time is against him. The only situation he was missed in was the last 10 min where we clearly lacked a tall striker.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
thread ban him already @Wittl
Because of what exactly, so that this thread goes dead, except for pictures of a dude? People like you and the big group in here who only posts about other posters, without contributing with new content to debates, should be banned as I see it. Its a forum, not a popularity contest. If I am wrong, then you can ban me to the moon.

What a cry baby you are btw

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
Because of what exactly, so that this thread goes dead, except for pictures of a dude? People like you and the big group in here who only posts about other posters, without contributing with new content to debates, should be banned as I see it. Its a forum, not a popularity contest. If I am wrong, then you can ban me to the moon.

Don't be afraid, you can name me. I'm the one who publishes photos of him, and other players and Juve's matchs, and I do it cause I like it and cause I can, it doesn't have to be that superficial, if you're trying to say that. When I make comments about his hairstyle and banal things I'm just kidding and being ironic. But I don't understand why you use that as a poor argument to defend your great contributions about your monothema.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

ProMoggi plz, try harder

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
lol, as I said, we would completely dominate the game, which we did. Our best and most promising performance this season, against a qualified team. Had we been a bit sharper upfront we would have won with a few more.

It will be an uphill struggle for Mandzukic to work his way into our best lineup and time is against him. The only situation he was missed in was the last 10 min where we clearly lacked a tall striker.
We dominated half the game, the other half was pathetic. I wouldn't call this our best performance either, and certainly not "a qualified team." And perhaps Mandzukic would've given that "sharpness up front" to score more goals.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Don't be afraid, you can name me. I'm the one who publishes photos of him, and other players and Juve's matchs, and I do it cause I like it and cause I can, it doesn't have to be that superficial, if you're trying to say that. When I make comments about his hairstyle and banal things I'm just kidding and being ironic. But I don't understand why you use that as a poor argument to defend your great contributions about your monothema.
Nah its not just you and I know that you are not an idiot obviously, I like your contribution on the forum. But its not that I am posting completely crap just bashing him because I dont like him. I bring different content to 'prove' my points.
And a thread about an individual player is always gonna be a monothema. The monothema here has been that Mandzukic is our greatest player and that he works harder than his teammates and that he is such a qualified football player, something I completely disagree with. I have been trying to break that monothema bringing stats and critical views into the picture. Obviously he is a great football player, else he wouldnt be playing at Juve, but I think we have so many other players who are not getting nowhere near similar credit, for much harder work and contribution to the team.
Then there are a bunch of people who likes to act cool to gain online credit and feel good about themselves, by throwing insults on those that are already not so popular on the forum as an easy way to archieve that. That is of course hilarious but something that can be expected from a somewhat poorly moderated online space that can be accessed by even simpletons.

- - - Updated - - -

We dominated half the game, the other half was pathetic. I wouldn't call this our best performance either, and certainly not "a qualified team." And perhaps Mandzukic would've given that "sharpness up front" to score more goals.
Most people seem to think that this was our most impressive European away show for quite a while, and we usually never control a team the way we did yesterday. 2nd half was not the greatest, but more like how we usually play against big teams, and we needed fresh legs in midfield clearly.

Maybe Mandzukic could have scored a goal, we will never know. But we know that his goal statistic is not great, so it would be more likely that he wouldnt. We won the game convincingly, so it seems a far reach to claim that he should have played instead of one of the others. Playing with Mandzukic also means one man less in buildup and to create chances. You win some and you loose some.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Most people seem to think that this was our most impressive European away show for quite a while, and we usually never control a team the way we did yesterday. 2nd half was not the greatest, but more like how we usually play against big teams, and we needed fresh legs in midfield clearly.
I've not seen a single person claim that. As mentioned before, there was the Madrid match last season where we were pretty dominant. The year before that, there was the 0-4 win against Dinamo Zagreb (small team, yes. But dominant where we would usually struggle), and then before that there was the 0-3 against Dortmund.

Maybe Mandzukic could have scored a goal, we will never know. But we know that his goal statistic is not great, so it would be more likely that he wouldnt. We won the game convincingly, so it seems a far reach to claim that he should have played instead of one of the others. Playing with Mandzukic also means one man less in buildup and to create chances. You win some and you loose some.
He has 4 goals in 10 games this season, our joint second highest scorer on level with Dybala and behind only Ronaldo with 5. I'd say that's a pretty good statistic in his favor at the moment. He also has two assists (equal to Cuadrado) and, per whoscored.com, a total of 9 key passes which places him right behind Cuadrado as the next highest with 11. So to summarize, just by the statistics, we would have that threat in the box with minimal, if any, reduction in chances created.

You're greatly downplaying his performance for us this season.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I've not seen a single person claim that. As mentioned before, there was the Madrid match last season where we were pretty dominant. The year before that, there was the 0-4 win against Dinamo Zagreb (small team, yes. But dominant where we would usually struggle), and then before that there was the 0-3 against Dortmund.

He has 4 goals in 10 games this season, our joint second highest scorer on level with Dybala and behind only Ronaldo with 5. I'd say that's a pretty good statistic in his favor at the moment. He also has two assists (equal to Cuadrado) and, per whoscored.com, a total of 9 key passes which places him right behind Cuadrado as the next highest with 11. So to summarize, just by the statistics, we would have that threat in the box with minimal, if any, reduction in chances created.

You're greatly downplaying his performance for us this season.
I appreciate that you checked the stats.
But you must have looked at total numbers.

Per every 90 min:

Keypasses (CL, Serie A)
Cuad - 4.2, 2.7
Mario - 0, 1.3

Assists
Cuad - 1.1, 0
Mario - 0, 0.3

Cuad is probably our most effective player in terms of passes, chances, tackles, crosses, assists. That has been the case the last 2-3 seasons

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I appreciate that you checked the stats.
But you must have looked at total numbers.

Per every 90 min:

Keypasses (CL, Serie A)
Cuad - 4.2, 2.7
Mario - 0, 1.3

Assists
Cuad - 1.1, 0
Mario - 0, 0.3

Cuad is probably our most effective player in terms of passes, chances, tackles, crosses, assists. That has been the case the last 2-3 seasons
As would be expected of him being as he has played in every position on the right side during that time, he should be leading in those stats. The point here is whether or not we would've scored more. I truly don't see how you come to the conclusion that we would not score more by utilizing a man that has scored 4 goals in 10 games this season while still providing some level of creativity up front to create different types of chances by having a different structure up front (better hold up play vs Cuadrado crossing). But you seem to be stuck in your opinion and again I will say continue to downplay his performances for us this season, so I will not engage any further.

That said, my dream is still a frontline of Ronaldo - Dybala - Bernardeschi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)