Mario Mandžukić (38 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I think it's time to get more excited about this guy. We've landed a player with the attributes of Llorente which are still useful in our current style of play who also has the heart of a lion.

Barring Buffon this guy will be considered our most important player by the end of the season.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I agree. I think Allegri is going to find it hard not to play him if not for his goals, then for the pressure he puts on defenses. It's going to be a real head ache because Mandzukic - Morata will never work.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Oh my god he's going to fuck up so much shit for us. Talking of headaches we're going to be that team people dread playing against because of this guy and the hassle he causes defences. How do you guys think he'll impact our tactics, especially in terms of pressing?

Such a shame we won't play with him and Vidal in the same team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How do you guys think he'll impact our tactics, especially in terms of pressing?
Not particularly related to Mandzukic, but not sure Juve will look to press much.

As things develop further to Allegri's preferred way of playing, you are more likely to see Juve choosing to allow the opposition to have the ball, Juve defending against that primarily with the back four and the midfield three, and trying to then break quickly using the front three.

That' certainly what he tended to do a lot at Milan.

Very different from Conte's way of dominating territory and possession and wearing the opposition down.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Not particularly related to Mandzukic, but not sure Juve will look to press much.

As things develop further to Allegri's preferred way of playing, you are more likely to see Juve choosing to allow the opposition to have the ball, Juve defending against that primarily with the back four and the midfield three, and trying to then break quickly using the front three.

That' certainly what he tended to do a lot at Milan.

Very different from Conte's way of dominating territory and possession and wearing the opposition down.
That sounds about right. We certainly used that system against Dortmund and it was devastatingly effective. Do you see Mandzukic as being a player requested by Allegri?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)