Mario Mandžukić (92 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
As usual, no competent answers to very normal and interesting football questions. How can a player be so amazing, yet not leave any traces of what he does on the pitch (if we ignore the fact that he has scored a bunch of tap-ins). Those who speak of mental illness and those super bright, are very welcome to voice their opinions. However they are mostly seen in the Marchisio and Berna threads, commenting on hair and instagram posts. I dont blame you guys, in the end it must be a lack of moderation in here to keep things on topic.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
As usual, no competent answers to very normal and interesting football questions. How can a player be so amazing, yet not leave any traces of what he does on the pitch (if we ignore the fact that he has scored a bunch of tap-ins). Those who speak of mental illness and those super bright, are very welcome to voice their opinions. However they are mostly seen in the Marchisio and Berna threads, commenting on hair and instagram posts. I dont blame you guys, in the end it must be a lack of moderation in here to keep things on topic.
I respect your opinion, but I feel you have to look a bit further than just the statistics. Mandzukic has extreme positioning. To score those tap-ins you have to be there, and he is on a consistens basis. He's also extremely good in the air, which makes him useful in dead ball situations offensively and defensively. We can also aim at him if we're pressed high and have to make that long pass. Obviously he lacks pace so you won't see him drive the ball for long runs. But his technique is underrated, he can play those 1-2s in small spaces which is vital in the final third. He wins most of his 50-50 duels due to his strength. Good at keeping the ball, especially with his back against the defender. Can face you up as well and got an eye for a pass.

The most important skill lies between his head, the man is simply incredibly clutch. He''s scored in crucial CL, World Cup and Serie A games. When the stakes are high you can count on him, which is something that cannot be said about other more "skilled" fotballers. IMO, he is the most reliable big game player after CR7. You definitely want him in your starting 11 when it's do or die.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
Are you Sergio Ramos?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)