Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
'Mandzukic needs motivation’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta calls Mario Mandzukic “a great player” but “we have to understand if he’s motivated to stay here”.

The Croatian striker has often played out on the left in the past two seasons, and there have been rumours that he wants to return to the centre.

Given that Gonzalo Higuain leads the line for the Bianconeri that would probably mean moving elsewhere this summer.

“The club’s goal is to create a mix between young and old,” Marotta told Radio 1.

“Compared to the past our attacking structure is of the highest level, it can even compete with Real Madrid. We have to look to the future though and perhaps make investments.

“[Federico] Bernardeschi and [Paulo] Dybala are not yet 26.

“Marko Pjaca? He’ll come back to us and then we’ll evaluate. As for Mandzukic, he’s a great player and we’re happy.

“However, we also have to understand what’s in his head to understand if he’s motivated to stay here. I’d say he is.”

Marotta was also asked about signing a goalkeeper, with links to Genoa’s Mattia Perin.

“[Enrico] Preziosi is a capable President, he’s created competition between ourselves, Napoli and other teams.

“Perin is a great goalkeeper but we haven’t gone in, we just made some evaluations and we’re a long way from a real negotiation.

“Of course these days the number 12 is no longer so different to the number 1 in terms of quality.

“Gigio Donnarumma? We’re not interested.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Marotta confirms what i was thinking. He siomply doesnt have the drive anymore to be a winger, because there is competition now in the form of Costa who is a real winger. Mandzus place is CF.. but nither him or dybala will smell that number 9 position because if Higuain.

The Mandzukic issue is because he has nothing to play for in Juve. Higuain is the undisputed 9 and it doesnt matter what he do, he will always be the bench striker.

Mandz needs to move if he wants new challenges. Thats the plain truth

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
So Mario simply gives up and walks around because there is competition for the places? I thought he was a true fighter with grinta. Funny how we can always make the story fit our heads.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
So Mario simply gives up and walks around because there is competition for the places? I thought he was a true fighter with grinta. Funny how we can always make the story fit our heads.
Sorry but you and me know he is not better than Higuain. And you and me know he is not a winger. On top of that, he is not the kind of guy who warms the bench happily.
2+2=4.

He was indeed a fighter with grinta, i think he still is.. but dude, Costa has crazy output on the wings, And Higuain scores more than Mandz and thats him having a bad season.

Even Beppe himself aimed at the problem being his motivation against the situation i explained.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
You're 2 years late with this post
What do you mean?

Im not a big fan of his and wanted him benched 2 years ago too (he has had his good moments though of course). I think many let his small episodes of rough play and verbal character fool them to believe that he actually was a hardworking self-sacrificing beast. I cant get that to make sense though when his stats said he was by far running the least in our team, also 1-2 years ago and didnt 'track back' more than Costa/Cuadrado or any other winger ever did.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What do you mean?

Im not a big fan of his and wanted him benched 2 years ago too (he has had his good moments though of course). I think many let his small episodes of rough play and verbal character fool them to believe that he actually was a hardworking self-sacrificing beast. I cant get that to make sense though when his stats said he was by far running the least in our team, also 1-2 years ago and didnt 'track back' more than Costa/Cuadrado or any other winger ever did.
if he was afraid of competition, he would have left when we signed Higgy for 94M

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Puzzle.

Allegri loves him, and he is very clutch in Europe, but Allegri also knows: 1) need a 3 man mid, meaning only 3 postions for forwards; 2) Costa must play; 3) Dybala is our most valuable player; 4) Higuain will play

Mandzukic would be a perfect CF backup. But I don't think he will accept this role..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)