Mario Mandžukić (56 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Anyone else think there's no longer any point in starting Mandzukic?
Long ball from GK/CB over the press. Against the fullback he wins it 9 out of 10.

It depends on who else you could start there. If the other choice is Matuidi then I still say Mario. Gives the same presence defensively and offers the long ball solution we need.

At this point the LM options are Matuidi and Alex Sandro. If Cuadrado returns then I guess you could put one of Costa/Cuadrado at LM.

Most likely it will be Costa-Pjanic-Matuidi-Mario if Max had his choice.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
He should never start for us on the wing in any big game

No offence from him and is just an extra LB playing LW when he plays

None of his characteristics are suited for wing play

I can live with him coming on as as a sub to close out a game but as a starter never

May 26, 2016
He should never start for us on the wing in any big game

No offence from him and is just an extra LB playing LW when he plays

None of his characteristics are suited for wing play

I can live with him coming on as as a sub to close out a game but as a starter never
Your basically saying we should get rid of him then. He will not accept the bench for more than a short period.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Long ball from GK/CB over the press. Against the fullback he wins it 9 out of 10.

It depends on who else you could start there. If the other choice is Matuidi then I still say Mario. Gives the same presence defensively and offers the long ball solution we need.

At this point the LM options are Matuidi and Alex Sandro. If Cuadrado returns then I guess you could put one of Costa/Cuadrado at LM.

Most likely it will be Costa-Pjanic-Matuidi-Mario if Max had his choice.
He has been in terrible form lately and probably deserves the bench. But like you said, he provides an outlet that no other offensive player does in the squad and I'm pretty sure we'll see him start a lot more than he currently deserves in the coming weeks.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Costa showed us exactly what we have been missing; someone at the wing who can terrify defenders with is pace. Mandzukic is a great player, but he doesn't have that quality. I also wouldn't mind having Sandro replacing him.
:tup:

he has more football than mandz.

really, use mandzukic like totenham use kane ...the receiving end f longballs between the cbs... and call it a day.

Or in those games like tots when we were defending with tooths and nails...he could have been a good adition if higuain was to be subbed. He could start the press up there.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Form or no form the question is whether he is a better wing option than costa or berna and the answer is fuck no. Back up to higuain i have no issues with. But as a starter it is a joke that he gets the chances before others.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Form or no form the question is whether he is a better wing option than costa or berna and the answer is fuck no. Back up to higuain i have no issues with. But as a starter it is a joke that he gets the chances before others.
And to think that some posters here wanted him to start over Higuain until as recently as a month or two ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)