Mario Mandžukić - ST - Atletico Madrid (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
2010 Inter had 3 genuine forwards on paper :shifty:
I'm not saying it can't be done, but Juve would have to hold back at least one of Vidal and Pogba to maintain the balance, and I don't want to see either of that pair restricted.

Inter also didn't get all that much from Eto'o and Pandev as I recall. They were largely reduced to being runners to facilitate Sneijder and Milito, rather than being terribly influential in the final third of the pitch themselves.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm not saying it can't be done, but Juve would have to hold back at least one of Vidal and Pogba to maintain the balance, and I don't want to see either of that pair restricted.

Inter also didn't get all that much from Eto'o and Pandev as I recall. They were largely reduced to being runners to facilitate Sneijder and Milito, rather than being terribly influential in the final third of the pitch themselves.
Wll, in top games tevez and dybala at their respective teams allready sorth of do that, but considering his drop of actual goalthreat after his injury, holding back vidal would not be bad eighter

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Wll, in top games tevez and dybala at their respective teams already sort of do that, but considering his drop of actual goal-threat after his injury, holding back vidal would not be bad either
Vidal's recovery from a hectic season, injury and surgery, followed by a WC campaign in which he was the linchpin of the Chile outfit, has been slow yet gradual. He seemed sluggish, then gradually began to find his tackling and covering abilities, then gradually begun to find his offensive movement returning to its former brilliance. The final stage is for him to find his shooting boots. And then, we will once again have in our starting line-up one of the finest box to box midfielders in the world.

Shoe-horned into a trequartista role, we see more his gradual search for sharpness in the box and less of his swashbuckling warrior routine.

I am with Red on the overly weighted forward line point. Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio, are far too special and complete midfield to disrupt to accommodate extra bodies up top.

It is tricky to determine need for Big Mario presently. As we have been playing at our best this season with no prima punta. Morata has the shape of one, but by nature is not at all a prima punta, he is closest, if to anything other than what he is, to a second striker. Yet the manner in which Allegri has unshackled the offensive points of the team have led to Tevez morphing between AM/CM/SS/CF and Morata ranging not so deep, yet rarely focused on one position in the final third, for he roams the flanks more than the central channels, other than when others are roaming the flanks.

Also...Zaza seems worth a punt as a prima punta. He needs to improve but has the potential to do so I suspect, especially if training and playing with vastly superior talent to what he has found at Sassuolo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Or have no talent and be PadoWIN.

- - - Updated - - -

that's the past, nobody's perfect. :numnum:
You are. Don't let anyone tell you differently. You might have lost some deals along the way but you lost them for a reason. Berbatov wouldn't have helped us and deep down your conscience knew it.

Doubt yourself not.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
No idea what you guys are talking about, but Mandzufuck should die. Hate him almost as much as... Suarez or other rats like that.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Penalty miss just now against Italy. Guess we wont sign Mandzukic now..lol. Happy for Buffon with the pk save :)

Edit: Anddddd now he scores. So now we will sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)