Mario Lemina (2 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's very good at taking the ball away from opponents, getting a toe on the ball. Didn't see much of him as an attacking player, in that role.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He didn't impress me. Looked like a mediocre mid-table team player.
But Sturaro impressed you as you said in his thread? Do you know how to watch this sport? :D

Lemina was tackling like a frenetic and hungry pro throughout the game, added needed toughness and grit to the midfield. Half a dozen of very clean aggressive tackles that submitted the opponents to their place. Needs to be involved more in the play, besides occasional good long pass or spreading, he was mainly going around closing down counters immediately. Needs to make himself more open in the fute, but his consistent tackling was impressively clean for majority of the time.

I expect him to play better with the ball in time with more games, and more importantly probably a more intimidating presence when he doesnt play holding mig thats more static, but a more mobile CM to the sides that gets to cover and move around alot.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Not bad for a start, good to let him taste real Serie A matches, away to Genoa is as much as Serie A toughness as it can get.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not the easiest place to make your debut, away at Genoa. But I liked what I saw, mostly. Liked his workrate and tackling in particular. Fairly good debut overall.

If this is what his first game in our beloved closing down-style / dacdical Serie-A looked like, then I'm looking forward to his future performances.

He will have learned a lot from this match, and I expect him to go from strength to strength. He has the physicality, workrate, tackling and vision to well in this league.

Minuses today:
- one very badly misplaced pass
- lost the ball in a dangerous area
- positioning was a bit off in the first 15-20 minutes (but he quickly improved, and that's very promising)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
For me he wasn't really good. I know that some tackles were clean and the ref was calling for a fool. But overal he didn't impress me. Maybe he will do it next time. Mandzukic was terrible btw :p
He is a defensive midfielder, did you see him tackling and taking the ball away ALOT from opponents? I did. a 22 year olds debute game even more so, besides slow nervous start, he defenitely can be said to have played well. Added an element we were missing, high workrate and tough intimidating presence. We looked like soft pushovers in midfield in league games so far, so more tough accurate tackling is very much welcomed presence.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
For me he wasn't really good. I know that some tackles were clean and the ref was calling for a fool. But overal he didn't impress me. Maybe he will do it next time. Mandzukic was terrible btw :p
Lemina playmaked and kept winning the ball. Ref got it wrong many times IMO. Has great potential to become a starter. Marchisio to play b2b if Lemina becomes a regular..

Mandzukic wasn't sharp today, but he fought well and had a few good first touches. Sure, he must improve but he wasn't terrible..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He is a defensive midfielder, did you see him tackling and taking the ball away ALOT from opponents? I did. a 22 year olds debute game even more so, besides slow nervous start, he defenitely can be said to have played well. Added an element we were missing, high workrate and tough intimidating presence. We looked like soft pushovers in midfield in league games so far, so more tough accurate tackling is very much welcomed presence.
He and Stuaro worked well together...I saw them double down frequently and that certainly helped us control the midfield.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not the easiest place to make your debut, away at Genoa. But I liked what I saw, mostly. Liked his workrate and tackling in particular. Fairly good debut overall.

If this is what his first game in our beloved closing down-style / dacdical Serie-A looked like, then I'm looking forward to his future performances.

He will have learned a lot from this match, and I expect him to go from strength to strength. He has the physicality, workrate, tackling and vision to well in this league.

Minuses today:
- one very badly misplaced pass
- lost the ball in a dangerous area
- positioning was a bit off in the first 15-20 minutes (but he quickly improved, and that's very promising)
Did you see him talking to Morata on the bench when he was taken off? :lol:

He was using his hands for simulating a dive...I think he is perplexed by the difference in Italy with the simulations :D

Apr 9, 2015
Maybe i have the wrong expectations from Lemina. I tought he was a good dribble player (like Pogba) with some good offensive rushes. But today i didn't see any good rush from him. Defensively he did it well, but he was for me way much out of possesion.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Maybe i have the wrong expectations from Lemina. I tought he was a good dribble player (like Pogba) with some good offensive rushes. But today i didn't see any good rush from him. Defensively he did it well, but he was for me way much out of possesion.
What do you mean with the last part? I think you mean to say he was "un-involved in possession play"? he did have over 90% pass completion rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)