Mario Götze - AM - Bayern Munich (43 Viewers)

Will Beppe get him?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
I was just going to ask, what is it that people dislike in particular about the buyback clauses? I assume mostly because they think it makes us look like a small club? I suppose a loan to buy deal would be much more acceptable, however. Or buying a flop from another big team, perhaps? Maybe it's the number that the buyback fee is set at.

If you get a player as potentially good as Götze for at least two seasons and then a big chunk of money afterwards (to spend on another buyback player :beppe:) I'm not sure how it equals some sort of "disaster". The selling club isn't going to accept a potentially astronomical buyback clause, they might as well just sell the player in that case, there has to be some mutual benefit. We got Morata for less than others offered because a) he wanted to come here, and b) the clause we offered.

The reality is that we aren't a financial powerhouse running all over the market with a big swinging $#@! and balls, it seems this still hasn't quite hit home to everyone.

BTW, nice to see you back :tup:
:tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Buy back clause for Gotze equals a loan cuz we know 100% it will be activated and he'll want to go back.

After such a good start to our mercato we had to go provincial again...
Yep buyback would be catastrophic. Unlike Morata, Bayern would buy him back 9 times out of 10, only anomaly being if he was seriously inured.

While I don't think Real will buy back Morata and will just keep buying top strikers.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
an other deal with a buyback clause would be a dumb move. i thought we learned from the morata case.
this talk again :sergio:
morata earned us tens of millions already: scored in the cl ro16 (1st and 2nd leg), "assisted" the only goal in the ro8, scored in both legs in the semi-final and in the final...
nobody says that a buy-back clause is a great thing but morata turned out to be a fantastic signing no matter what happens in the future.
people have to realize that sometimes it isn´t about getting a player with a buy-back clause or without (it´s quite obvious what´s the better deal. even for abolute fools like marotta, guild and agnelli who crashed this beautiful club against a wall in the last few years). it´s about getting a player with the clause or not getting him at all and go for immobile.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
this talk again :sergio:
morata earned us tens of millions already: scored in the cl ro16 (1st and 2nd leg), "assisted" the only goal in the ro8, scored in both legs in the semi-final and in the final...
nobody says that a buy-back clause is a great thing but morata turned out to be a fantastic signing no matter what happens in the future.
people have to realize that sometimes it isn´t about getting a player with a buy-back clause or without (it´s quite obvious what´s the better deal. even for abolute fools like marotta, guild and agnelli und crashed this beautiful club against a wall in the last few years). it´s about getting a player with the clause or not getting him at all and go for immobile.
yes, morata is a great signing. that's why we should avoid a buyback clause: the player's fate is out of the club's reach now. the way i see it: we made morata a star player, and now real can buy him way below his market value.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Yep buyback would be catastrophic. Unlike Morata, Bayern would buy him back 9 times out of 10, only anomaly being if he was seriously inured.

While I don't think Real will buy back Morata and will just keep buying top strikers.
It'll come down to this season IMO. If he performs even better i can see Madrid activating the clause and Morata wouldn't say no to them.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
no the recompra rumour I got from a friend. But he was the boss of Vikings till a few years ago and is normally quite informed although he does sell me bullshit sometimes. But for instance he told me about Tevez and Pirlo long before it was public (buying them) or the fact that Tevez would leave a year earlier.
He has a 60/70% reliability at the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)