Mario Götze - AM - Bayern Munich (7 Viewers)

Will Beppe get him?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Please stop being so fucking defensive. Pretty sure you want to put this out there so that if shit implodes, you've got evidence that Draxler was always the standard, and Beppe is safe. This is what we need to be aiming for as a club and institution if we have just sold Vidal for more money or less money. After selling Vidal, Beppe's old quote of looking for market opportunities goes out the window.
We can aim for Goetze, but that doesn't mean we can complete this deal. He's top German talent, playing for German's best club and in all honesty club that is a level above ours atm.

Goetze is the way to make this right and you know it. In the same vein, you being a Beppe supporter, need to believe he should be able to pull this off.
No, Goetze is the way for people to delude themselves and blame Beppe later on when something that always seemed improbable doesn't come to fruition. Realistically Drexler is what we could bring and from what I've heard from Budesliga followers he's very talented youngster.

Mar 3, 2014
We can aim for Goetze, but that doesn't mean we can complete this deal. He's top German talent, playing for German's best club and in all honesty club that is a level above ours atm.

No, Goetze is the way for people to delude themselves and blame Beppe later on when something that always seemed improbable doesn't come to fruition. Realistically Drexler is what we could bring and from what I've heard from Budesliga followers he's very talented youngster.
We went toe to toe with barca. Our team last year was as good as Bayerns if not better because we were not nearly as reliant on certain players (robben). We can continue to be on the same level if we adequately replace the talent that left. Adding Gotze would do that.

We have to lose this small club mentality. The only team on the planet that I'm uncomfortable against is Barcelona because they have 2 generational talents and an elite workhorse striker that makes up the attack. We're sellling them Vidal, and if they want him they'll have to play nice. Vidal doesnt have to be sold.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We went toe to toe with barca. Our team last year was as good as Bayerns if not better because we were not nearly as reliant on certain players (robben). We can continue to be on the same level if we adequately replace the talent that left. Adding Gotze would do that.

We have to lose this small club mentality. The only team on the planet that I'm uncomfortable against is Barcelona because they have 2 generational talents and an elite workhorse striker that makes up the attack. We're sellling them Vidal, and if they want him they'll have to play nice. Vidal doesnt have to be sold.
Financially we are at least a level bellow. Don't get me wrong I'll be jumping on this wagon soon, but so far there is nothing that would make this look plausible.

Mar 3, 2014
Financially we are at least a level bellow.
That is true but we also dropped a lot salary and pay out much lower transfer fees than the larger clubs. With the sales of players, the wages coming off the books, and the performance of last year, there is no reason we cannot compete for a player who is currently fringe at Bayern. Also, something is holding up Vidal's deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Juventus want to announce the two moves the same day - whichever player it is...let's just hope its not Saponara.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
One thing people are forgetting is that Gotze isn't a steady regular at bayern, and he (his agent) made it known that they don't like that. I wouldn't say he's in love with bayern.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
BILD FC Bayern
‏@BILD_Bayern

Die Wechsel-Gerüchte um @marioGoetze - die aus Italien stammen - und auf einem Interview hier aus Peking beruhen stimmen nicht! #FCB

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
So you don't believe that Beppe has contacted his agents or that we initiated talks and/or discussed a fee with Bayern? No smoke without fire my friend. And if you're telling me that Beppe has spoken to his agent and assuming Goetze is going to cost us an iPhone 6 128gb Champagne Gold, then you're mistaken. He full well knows he isn't window shopping after selling Vidal.

If we were having this discussion outside of a Vidal sale, I would agree that Draxler would be a fair approach, but after a windfall last season thanks to outstanding results and fantastic mercsto moves this summer, I don't think we would go and undo it by selling an almost irreplaceable player and replace him with a 'prospect' who would perhaps struggle to make our starting XI if Tevez decided to see out his contract.

And speaking for myself, I would not blame Beppe if Goetze falls through, but I would certainly blame him if he goes after Draxler to complete the roster, now that Vidal is gone. That would be a weaker starting XI than last year, and for my money this player doesn't offer any guarantees, and given the position we need him for, potential is not what we are aiming for after losing Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal. We need a guarantee.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
So you don't believe that Beppe has contacted his agents or that we initiated talks and/or discussed a fee with Bayern? No smoke without fire my friend. And if you're telling me that Beppe has spoken to his agent and assuming Goetze is going to cost us an iPhone 6 128gb Champagne Gold, then you're mistaken. He full well knows he isn't window shopping after selling Vidal.

If we were having this discussion outside of a Vidal sale, I would agree that Draxler would be a fair approach, but after a windfall last season thanks to outstanding results and fantastic mercsto moves this summer, I don't think we would go and undo it by selling an almost irreplaceable player and replace him with a 'prospect' who would perhaps struggle to make our starting XI if Tevez decided to see out his contract.

And speaking for myself, I would not blame Beppe if Goetze falls through, but I would certainly blame him if he goes after Draxler to complete the roster, now that Vidal is gone. That would be a weaker starting XI than last year, and for my money this player doesn't offer any guarantees, and given the position we need him for, potential is not what we need this season. We need a guarantee.
Yeah it's like fans keep doubting Marotta when he's done nothing but earn the benefit of the doubt. You don't sell a Vidal without having a plan in place. Vidal isn't even official yet and I'm going to take a wild guess here and say it's because Marotta is still negotiating for Gotze. If bayern isn't willing to give up gotze, tell them we will sell vidal to somebody else.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
True baggio.That's why we should wait.we should be patient imo.

I honestly believe a really good market opportunity might present itself in the coming weeks depending on how other big clubs make their moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)