Mario Balotelli (110 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
He still managed to score 26 in 43 games.
there is A LOT of PKs in there too, @JuveJay, but his overall effect on the team was "destructive" imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not going to suggest the transfer fee isn't important, but a couple of million here or there is less significant than Milan freeing themselves of his wages.
:agree:

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I'm not going to suggest the transfer fee isn't important, but a couple of million here or there is less significant than Milan freeing themselves of his wages.
They still owe City 12 million for him and will now owe another 2 million as part of a 10% sell on clause.

So Milan have received 14 million for Balotelli, that really isn't great in a market that's like it is.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why do you seem so determined to talk this deal down?

I don't think anyone is suggesting Milan have done brilliantly in this deal, but I still think selling him was undoubtedly the right thing to do.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Because I fail to see how Milan will improve without him.

I don't understand Milan's direction.... they're getting rid of their high earners but equally not replacing their ability. Jackson Martinez won't be an upgrade and he'll cost Milan double what they got for Balotelli...... I unlike the majority like to see the Milan teams getting stronger but Milan have heavily weakened this mercato.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

I don't understand Milan's direction.... they're getting rid of their high earners but equally not replacing their ability. Jackson Martinez won't be an upgrade and he'll cost Milan double what they got for Balotelli...... I unlike the majority like to see the Milan teams getting stronger but Milan have heavily weakened this mercato.
The issue with Balotelli (and many other players who get sold) is whether you are rating them based on their theoretical ability or what they are actually doing in reality.

If Milan were losing a Balotelli who was playing at the level he can (i.e. like one of the best players in the world), he'd be a big loss and the sale would damage them.

However, Milan are selling a Balotelli who was poor for them last season and spent more time moping around and disrupting their play than he did being a positive influence. You can't afford to have your top earner doing that if money is tight.

I'm curious as to what they'll do with the cash.

Not knowing what system they plan to play makes it hard to guess what they'll do.

They need another centre-forward, but I'm not convinced I'd go out and spend a lot on a starting centre-forward rather than trusting Pazzini.

And I'm saying this as someone - whether I want to see a team getting stronger or not - who can make a reasonable judgement on whether a team is making changes that are likely to strengthen them.

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
I love Balo but I wouldnt take him even for the low price he went for. I still believe in his potential, but we don't really need a striker and so it would be useless to get him, especially with the risk (and probability) of him not playing to his potential. Allegri did a pretty good job with him, but I still don't think its worth him. Will definitely catch some Liverpool games to watch him tho.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
Let's be honest: Mariotelli is a retard, but it's the only really talented player that Milan have (had) in their squad. He can be an asshole, for sure he is stupid, he can be turn off for some matches, but is the only Milan player there that, when is on the pitch, doesn't make you scream "YOU'RE CACK!!!", and I'm excluding from this statement the ElShaarawys and DeSciglios cause you could more easily find them injured for falling from the stairs of their house or something than playing.

Last seasons, if we take the (few) points milan collected for their crappy 8th place, much were Balotelli's, that solved some matches with a lamp of genius or a technical piece. 18 goals in a season (with injuries) in a team that arrived 8th is top notch, honestly, given the shit he was surrounded of. If you are in a position of a successful club, like us, getting rid of such an unreliable dickhead is a must, but in BILAN's position I don't see how this is a bargain.

The funny thing is that some deluded Milan dimwit might think that they'll replace him with J. Martinez :lol: No way, he just cost double than Mariotelli and they sold him primarly cause Inzaghi wants another winger. Probably they'll spend 10/15 of that shit for Cerci :)lol:) and then find a poor man as a back-up CF to Pazzini. If you ask me, a further step into mediocrity, like il Milan really needed it.

However, very curious to see and figure out what he'll do in Liverpool, and how much time will he need to set his house on fire or throwing darts to some random dudes, because he is, once again, high as fuck.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006

remember when i told you he won't do shit at city? cuz of his attitude?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

not really, they've brought in a decent gk (albeit he isn't young but a very capable gk nonetheless)

alex was free as well, again a very capable defender on his day

menez for free again not a world beater but a decent enough player

they sold their most problematic player for a value that will only decrease if he stayed at milan, how they will use that money to address their midfield and attacking issues remain to be seen, but to say they have weakened? i would disagree, they have addressed some of their issues with some decent low cost/free signings but far from the finished article.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
The funny thing is that some deluded Milan dimwit might think that they'll replace him with J. Martinez :lol: No way, he just cost double than Mariotelli and they sold him primarly cause Inzaghi wants another winger. Probably they'll spend 10/15 of that shit for Cerci :)lol:) and then find a poor man as a back-up CF to Pazzini. If you ask me, a further step into mediocrity, like il Milan really needed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)