Mario Balotelli (72 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
De Rossi:

“We need real men, not Panini stickers or characters. These are of no use to the Nazionale.”

It is widely believed De Rossi was referring to Balotelli, who posted on Twitter a picture of the Italy Panini album with his sticker in every slot."

LOL

Buy on AliExpress.com

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
FI
The Gazzetta dello Sport lead with the claim that the Italy squad was at odds with Mario Balotelli and Antonio Cassano for the entire World Cup.The Azzurri crashed out of the tournament at the group stage after losing to Uruguay in a controversial 1-0 loss.
Claudio Marchisio was sent off, whilst Luis Suarez was seen allegedly biting Giorgio Chiellini in the second half.
But despite these disputes, the sports daily indicates that the national team were, in fact, doomed from the start.
The pink paper believes that Balotelli and Cassano, two of the squad’s more colourful characters, were jettisoned early on by the remainder of the group for their behaviour.
Gazzetta does not go into detail, but believes that the senior members of the group were not impressed by the pair from their training camp at Coverciano, through to the defeat in Natal on Tuesday.
Daniele De Rossi was fuming after the final whistle, supposedly referencing Balotelli in his statements, insisting that Italy needed “men, not Panini stickers of players”.
It now looks difficult for Cassano to carry on in the famous blue shirt, whilst Corriere dello Sport reported that the Milan forward is set to take a 'back seat’ with the national team – with Giuseppe Rossi promoted to leading the line.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Ex players all over Italy are absolutely RIPPING into Balotelli at the moment :touched: Check out this from our very own Mauro Camoranesi

- - - Updated - - -

Balotelli is overrated by the press and by coaches, it pisses me off to see those who don't try. Even I was a dickhead (or hard headed), but I learnt from my errors"

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
If Mancini or Allegri or whoever comes in, can get this team playing decent football with a STRONG defensive base, I'll be happy with that. Also have to tape Italy start producing some great young attacking talent again. Let's see if guys like Berardi, Gabbiadini and Zaza can kick on and move up to the next level and become strong players in the Azzurri set up

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
I still love him and defend him... What is worst is when your own teammate attacks you... Which is sickening... Suarez bite a man and his coach and team mates stop by him... But DDR is going to bash Balotelli. But said nothing about Marchicso... Or any of the other under performers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)