Marie Jane: Good or Evil? (1 Viewer)

Nedvěd

How many dealers do you have to go through? That sound like a lot.
This is how most of my friends get their stuff.

Exactly, Its making it ridiculously more dangerous. I know understand why you're being so paranoid about this Qais, rightfully so :D
Get me a safe source and I'm gonna smoke weed* more than Bob Marley. :D

*or shall I call it Waleed. Waleed w Hashim. :)

I would like to say that weed won't kill your brain cells, it is all BS. I have 3 friends are done pharmacy school and two of them were on Dean's honour list, and they smoke atleast 3 times a week, and my roommate from last year is in Law school, he smoked TWICE a day, and he did average above 90. I would rather hang out with people who smoke weed that the ones who drink heavily until they are hammered which is annoying to deal with them. Smokers are usually chill and only problem though is they will eat everything they see around them. You can take 10 advil pills, and this might be the last headache you will ever have, but you can never overdose with weed. So chill, and have a smoke if you want to, and if you don't want you, then chill and don't make some BS claims how weed is dangerous for your health.

I love watching those movies with 7ashesh smoking jokes! :D
Great post dude. :)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Cool thread. I noticed some varying opinions on choof here lately. I've experimented with a fairly wide variety of drugs but my favorite (next to MDMA) is definitely pot. There's nothing better than having some friends over and staying in for the night with amazing food, great music and a lot of marijuana. Its also the only drug I'm really willing to do alone after work or uni to relax and kick back. There's no come down off it except for feeling a little hazy either which is a massive plus.

Marijuana's effects on your brain varies and depends on how much you smoke. To really damage yourself you would have to smoke everyday for a long period of time otherwise the effects on your focus and intellect are only short term. I study law and international relations at one of the better uni's in my country and I smoke probably 4-5 days a week (unless I'm working on my fitness or I have exams and assignments). To date, I can confidently say that marijuana has not made me any less capable intellectually and my marks are fairly positive and consistent. It does make me extremely lazy and unmotivated though and that's the real danger with pot. If you're high when you need to get something important done then it will effect your life negatively.

When it comes to addiction I'm no doctor but I can speak from experience - no drug is more addictive than another. It comes down purely to preference. If you enjoy partying, loud music and dancing you would be more susceptible to an amphetamines, cocaine or MDMA addiction. If you enjoy chilling out - opiates, marijuana etc. are going to have a similar effect. I've seen people addicted to LSD because they're so focused on spirituality and enlightenment. So marijuana isn't necessarily more addictive than anything else and that includes alcohol which I believe is equally (if not more) destructive if taken too frequently.

The conclusion is predictable. Marijuana isn't evil in moderation but I've seen people addicted to it and it can render you useless. For me, its a love of mine that will probably never die. My social life, health and education hasn't suffered from using it regularly but only because I've made sure of it.

Nedvěd

5ls abshir :alen:

:lol:

And we shall well call it that :D
3a rasi ye seedi. :smoke:

First time you ever hear of the term Waleed? :D We always use it, as a code name. You can't talk about such subjects anywhere, so we used this codename.
'Hey man, I heard Mr.X Misses Waleed so much, we should call him and arrange a meeting. He also said that he would like to see Hashin too, he prefers his lighter sense of humor'

Nedvěd

Nenna, that's a good post, but I disagree about addiction. It's more like likeness than addiction. I could be wrong tho, because I class addiction in the following way:
I class the feeling 'I feel like' as likeness rather than addiction. Many times I wish I had a pint in my hand, and many times I wish I was drinking, but I wouldn't class myself as al Alcohol addict.
While the feeling 'I need' 'I must have' is what I class as addiction. If I didn't feel right because I didn't drink since a while, if I feel that I must drink now, and that my body needs alcohol I'd class that as being Alcoholic.
I drink a lot, but I can go on weeks without drinking and feeling fine. An addicted can't do that, his body won't be alright.
Never smoked weed, so I obviously using Alcohol as an example. If you can stop smoking weed for a time and feel fine, then you're not addicted, and as far as I know, weed doesn't have a physical and mental dependance.
I have a friend who lives in Canada, and smokes a shitload of weed, he smokes at least 4 times a week, and when he comes back home, he usually stays for months and he'd feel alright, he wouldn't need weed.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Nedvěd;3137780 said:
Nenna, that's a good post, but I disagree about addiction. It's more like likeness than addiction. I could be wrong tho, because I class addiction in the following way:
I class the feeling 'I feel like' as likeness rather than addiction. Many times I wish I had a pint in my hand, and many times I wish I was drinking, but I wouldn't class myself as al Alcohol addict.
While the feeling 'I need' 'I must have' is what I class as addiction. If I didn't feel right because I didn't drink since a while, if I feel that I must drink now, and that my body needs alcohol I'd class that as being Alcoholic.
I drink a lot, but I can go on weeks without drinking and feeling fine. An addicted can't do that, his body won't be alright.
Never smoked weed, so I obviously using Alcohol as an example. If you can stop smoking weed for a time and feel fine, then you're not addicted, and as far as I know, weed doesn't have a physical and mental dependance.
I have a friend who lives in Canada, and smokes a shitload of weed, he smokes at least 4 times a week, and when he comes back home, he usually stays for months and he'd feel alright, he wouldn't need weed.
Well I partly agree with that. Addiction is not a feeling of want its a feeling of need. Its desperation for a substance and an abuse of that substance. Your friend may not have a physical or mental dependence to marijuana in particular but the fact of the matter is that anything that can alter your state of consciousness in a way that you perceive as positive and can render you addicted to it. People have a predisposition to addiction. What substance addiction they are dependent on relies completely on personal preference. There is strong scientific evidence to support that human beings are products of their environment. That is to say that these predispositions to varying addictions depends solely on experiences that shape consciousness, not genetics or the chemical make up of the drug itself. I've seen people smoke whole grams of amphetamines (notoriously addictive) at a time but as soon as they had sobered up they had no desire to use again.

Addiction can be physically based in spite of what I've said above. However, that would require such frequent use of a drug that the body adapts to the physical state under the influence of the substance and when the body is deprived of it, withdrawal symptoms occur but this doesn't stop at prohibited substances alone. Caffeine, alcohol, fatty foods and even exercise are just as addictive in this sense. Despite having used many supposedly highly addictive and illegal substances, the only things I have ever been addicted to are ironically cigarettes and exercise. If I couldn't exercise I would have physical withdrawal symptoms - nausea, panic attacks and fatigue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)