Maresca wants Turin future (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar23g.html

Maresca wants Turin future
Tuesday 23 March, 2004

Enzo Maresca has responded to rumours linking him with a transfer by insisting he wants to stay at Juventus for life.

Speculation has suggested that the player could be used as bait in the summer market but Maresca is focused on remaining in Turin.

"I would stay here for the rest of my career if it was up to me," said the talented midfielder. "Obviously it is up to the club to decide.

"This season I started on the bench but gradually played more and more. I hope to have even more space in the future.

"It is just important for me that the club believes in me. I have a contract until 2005 and we are discussing an extension. I believe in the club’s future plans."

Maresca has had a positive campaign until he became just one of a number of players to get injured.

"We’ve been unlucky that we had so many injuries at such a crucial part of the season," said Maresca when he was asked about Juve’s problems this term.

"Even sides like Roma would struggle if players like Totti, Emerson and Samuel were all unavailable at the same time.

"But we just need to concentrate on finishing this season in second place and hope to overturn our 2-0 first leg loss in the Coppa Italia Final against Lazio."

The former West Brom and Piacenza player was also asked to comment on rumours that he may be called into the Italy squad.

"I’ve heard certain voices and I obviously hope that they come true," he added. "Playing for the Azzurri is an objective of mine."

Maresca, a former Under-21 international, could be included for the first time in the Portugal friendly next week.

FORZA MARESCA!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I am glad he doesn't want to leave. I think if the club wants him (or anybody else) to leave, it will make him want to leave eventually.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
It would be stupid to let him go again he is talent. we just need a system that will suit him and the team so we will get the best out of him.

Magoxxx

Feb 21, 2004
yeah, Maresca have a black and white hearth and he have to stay in Juventus. Is a good player and I think that he can play the same as Pirlo in the Milan in the playmaker role.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
He has a huge potential......
I'm glad he wants to stay! He needs to earn more respect and faith from Lippi! He could be our star in the future

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maresca have a brght future. I think he is still not at his best and he can improve his style of play which has still some flaws.

Maybe he can turn to be another zambrotta in teh future (indispensable loyal servant).

If we think about it carefully.... he has been one of our best players in this group of underperformers(together with miccoli and buffon)......so it will VERY STUPID to sell one of our best cards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)