Maresca to Portugal? (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
IMO he is doing great with perotta...

not that Trap didnt try all the other players in that position... both Tacchi and Gattuso had be given their chances..

just that Zanetti and perotta forms a better partnership fair and square...

OP
ebraheej

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    They dont form a "great" partnership but a good partnership, and I think Italy could have better DMs, like Pirlo, Tachinardi, Meresca, Gattuso, or Giannichedda......

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by ebraheej ] ++
    They dont form a "great" partnership but a good partnership, and I think Italy could have better DMs, like Pirlo, Tachinardi, Meresca, Gattuso, or Giannichedda......

those are the names i would like to see in the team my self... but perotta-zanetti is tried and tested.. in fact i thing those two are the most stable part int the Italian NT.. no use to have better players individually but failed to produce it in a team... maybe after EURO Trap can have new audicience series for that position.. but for this year , better stick to perrota-zanetti... there is no point to go for a neverendeng quest for a "great" partnership when we can use the liltle time to make an already 'good' partnership better and ready....

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    zanetti-perrotta partnership makes the azzurri NT looks dull IMO
    they are the best at the moment.. dun understand really what some people wants... :confused:

but i have to say.. i would like to see an maresca -pirlo partnership in the future ..:drool:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    the thing is that Tacchinardi gets a chance once a year for the azzurri, and if he doesnt play well, he gets dropped straight away. Gattuso had his chances when he wasnt good, ie. before last season.

C.Zanetti was hopeless in the WC, and yet, Traps stuck by him and always started him until he started playing some good football. he isnt as good as gattuso or tacchinardi for that matter, but he has been given a chance by traps to prove himself a lot more than anyone else and this is what bugs me. Same as Perrotta, traps just stuck by him until he started playing good.

does it seem fair giving zanetti and perrotta playing time until they form an okay partnership but with other players they have to perform great in one game and if they dont, they never get another chance until a year later??

play Gattuso and Pirlo for italy for the next 5 to 10 games and see how great their partnership would be, alla, Milan. Give Tacchinardi and Maresca the chance which zanetti and perrotta have gotten and see how good they form a partnership.

in the end, zanetti and perrotta are average players, if that. i fear playing teams such as france, germany or even england because their midfields will wipe their arses with zanetti and perrotta's face.

Maresca and De Rossi are way better than Perrotta and gattuso, tacchinardi and Ambrosini are way better than Zanetti IMO!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by ebraheej ] ++
    zanneti is crap IMO.

IMO, Zanetti is the most overrated player in Europe (well, maybe only Italy because nobody outside Italy rates him highly ;) ).

I simply dont understand why Trap keeps calling him up

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++

IMO, Zanetti is the most overrated player in Europe (well, maybe only Italy because nobody outside Italy rates him highly ;) ).

I simply dont understand why Trap keeps calling him up
    Not only does Trap continue to call him up, but he starts him non-stop FFS! :groan:

Aug 1, 2003
    thats just plain stupid, no? considering there are more capable midfielders there in Italy that we could use

:mad:
    I don't even recall a match where pirlo played. The guy has done well for Milan, we should give him more chances. Same with Tacchinardi (okay I might be a bit biased here)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Zanetti better than Tacchinardi? For the passed couple of seasons, Tacchinardi has been very good not only in Serie A, but also in the CL. Last season, Tacchinardi was a key when playing against the best midfields in europe and he managed to beat his opposition consistantly throughout the season. The same can be said Gattuso.

Zanetti rarely plays great in europe, i think the best game he has played was at highbury this season where he won the midfield battle, a very rare occasion when playing against quality in europe.

Zanetti has been a favourite of Traps since he took over italy. he played one good season with Roma and hasnt looked like half the player ever since joining Inter.

Seriously, if people cant see that Gattuso, Tacchinardi and even Ambrosini are all better than Zanetti, then you either dont watch their teams play or they are just being biased.

i'd rather have Giannichedda over Zanetti...Zanetti is average, maybe even less.

Dec 27, 2003
    As much as I hate to ackowledge the quality of an Inter player, I have to say that Zanetti has always done a most decent job with the national team.

In a 4-2-3-1 formation, the Perrotta-Zanetti partnership is probably the one that can guarantee the best covering and balance to the team, and unlike what Adrian said, they did not need many games to reach an excellent complementarity. Since they have been protagonists in Italy's qualifying for Portugal 2004, I think they deserve to be retained in the squad next June.

This being said, I myself would love to see how a Gattuso-De Rossi defensive tandem would achieve, but I very well know that the contingency of seeing Trap picking the roman wonderkid is as realistic as that of whitnessing a proper sliding tackle on behalf of Nelson Vivas.

Aug 1, 2003
    I dont know, zanetti doesn't impress me, like I said, he's just.. dull. maybe I'm a fan hard to impress.

Plus I'm a bit pissed with the fact that I think Pirlo Tacc and probably De Rossi since he's a good player should be given more chances, I don't know how many times Gattusso played for the NT, but he's an anchor man, and a damn good one too

Dec 27, 2003
    Zanetti is not there to impress anyone, that will be Totti, Cassano and, okay, even Del Piero's role. Zanetti is there to establish a link between the defensive line and the attackers, and above all to do all that dirty work, like giving the team some breath by interrupting the opponent's offensive actions. So far he has been more than up to the task. The problem of course is that there is a lot of competition in that sector of the field, so that players like Tacchinardi, Gattuso, De Rossi, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Perrotta and even Maresca will often be left out, all the more if Trap sticks to his 4-2-3-1 formation, which leaves all of the above players fighting for two shirts.

Aug 1, 2003
    I just do not comprehend why Trap doesn't give others more chances. ESPECIALLY Gattuso. He has done really well last season, hell he's in the champions of europe team, if that doesn't get him a chance for the azzurri I do not know what will. I know Trap has played him a few games but thats just that, too few.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)