Maresca to Fiorentina? (1 Viewer)

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
I stilll don't understand, Why o why did we let Enzo go. He was our new Zidane, he was our new symbol and he was our best player from last season. Mr. Moggi you got to find someone at least with that quality.
Some Tips: Rosicky, van der Vaart, D'Allessandero and Zidane.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
Oh, ya, Del Piero was the best player, oh sorry I was worng.
I am getting tired of DP, he is nothing, not in national team not in Juve, and he earns more than anyone else. Waste of money...

Aug 1, 2003
Maresca isn't that "great" but he COULD be. He is talented IMO and could come in really useful, especially given our rather currently pathetic midfield. I was really hoping to see him in the future for us, but I guess not for next season. The fact that we still own 50% of him is consoling, but my greatest fear is that if this will turn out to be another Brighi situation.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++
Oh, ya, Del Piero was the best player, oh sorry I was worng.
I am getting tired of DP, he is nothing, not in national team not in Juve, and he earns more than anyone else. Waste of money...
Nobody said anything about Del Piero, you clown.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Well, Maresca atleast has it in him to get better if anything, and with the number of years he has ahead of him, id definitely bet on it. Unfortunately, Luciano Moggi thinks otherwise.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Well, Maresca atleast has it in him to get better if anything, and with the number of years he has ahead of him, id definitely bet on it. Unfortunately, Luciano Moggi thinks otherwise.
thats what they said bout brighi, but obviously moggi decided to practically crush him :(

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The difference between Maresca and Brighi is that the latter was never given a chance at Juve. He was excellent at Bologna, but on his return he was immediately loaned to Parma as part of the deal for Di Vaio. Both of them have done well elsewhere (Maresca at Piacenza) and I thought that that would've been enough for them to at least get a look in but Brighi has been overlooked completely and Maresca underplayed.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Fiorentina are definetely danger team IMO but it will interesting to see how their incompetent manager (Mondonico) pull this team together. Too many new signings IMO, and if they fail to get a good start, I think there is good chance that they may struggle for relagation and given the fact that many of the new players have elite background they could be in serious trouble.

Jul 28, 2002
enzo will pull them together and he will stick two fingers up at us for constantly pissing him about.....i hope.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I hope and expect Enzo to have a good year. Beside, he already had similar experience in Piacenza where he surprised everybody and in the end finished comfortably. The fact is that Enzo is one of those players that has both mentality and skill to play for any kind team they like. And I like Ujfalusi signing as he will be anchoring their defence, and looked like real solid pro. However, I do question Fiorentina's signing of Hide, and Portillo. I am not douting Portillo's talent nor Viola's need for goal-scorer, but equally important elment of striker for mid-table, relegation battling team is workrate and I dont see Portillo as one of those players who will do well in those situations. Hide certainly gives Fiorentina creativity, and guile in the midfield but he has always been a bit of enigma and he lacks mental strengh - partly due to elite upbringing. And signing so many players isnt a good policy for newly promoted IMO because it discourages the players that worked hard to get them promoted, and coach has to harness all these new individual in a club that lacks the tradition of big clubs such as us, Milan, Inter, etc.
Viola will be hit and miss team IMO, and going to be extremely inconsistent through the course of season.

Jul 28, 2002
hit and miss without doubt, they dont imo have a 20 goaler up front...portillo i doubt very much...if they are to survie they need a scorer....like a bati :D

ultra33

Aug 1, 2004
I love Enzo Maresca he has always been one of my favourite Juve players and i've had so much respect for him.
Even when he was at Piacenza and still had the decency to go up and salute the Juve fans after the game sent a shiver down my spine.
My favourite Maresca moment however was when he scored the equilizer against Torino, and he was impersonating the Toro - what a great moment that was!
Im just a little upset that he had to leave Juve and go and play for one of my most hated teams, VIOLA MERDA!!!
But all in all i'll finish by saying, "In boca lupo, Enzo."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)