Marco Verratti - CM - Pescara (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Verratti's agent says Juventus have made an offer for his client but Pescara are holding out for more. The clubs will meet again.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
They want €4m for 50%, seems a bit too high.
Is he good? Because he's not 16 years old. He's 19 and there were players at that age sold for much more than 8m euro. Milan recently signed 50% of the still 18 year old El Shaarawy for 7m eur+half of Merkel. The year before the 19 yo Balotelli was sold for 22m eur.

If we're talking about a real talent, then 8m eur is nothing for a 19 year old.

So, anyone seen this kid?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's not the level of Balotelli, that is for sure. El Sharaawy would also cost more as he was owned by Genoa. I've seen Verratti a few times and he has a lot of talent and vision, but I'm still not sure of €8m at this stage. The fact he is an attack minded player under Zeman and at a (pretty small) Serie B side make me wary of paying Serie A prices. You'd basically be paying for potential, if we can afford that then fair enough.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Jovetic was like 9mln.
And from Partizan, a club that usually sells the teenagers for 500k to Russian clubs :D

Like I said, 19 is a good age to know if we're talking about a real talent. If the boy is such a talent, then it's great to try to get him for cheaper, but stupid to miss out on him for little money.

Zamperini

TOMLINSON #21
Mar 6, 2012
And from Partizan, a club that usually sells the teenagers for 500k to Russian clubs :D

Like I said, 19 is a good age to know if we're talking about a real talent. If the boy is such a talent, then it's great to try to get him for cheaper, but stupid to miss out on him for little money.
Jovetic was already the captain in the club. The difference between the top teams in Serbia and second division in Italy is still significant.

---------- Post added 10.04.2012 at 20:10 ----------

8M is still a lot of money for a guy that has never played on a higher level than serie b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)