Marco Storari (8 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Marco Storari has made his claim for a first team shirt at Juventus. “I hope the Coach is not blind,” he noted.

Storari played an instrumental role in the 2-0 win at Roma last night when he made some decisive saves after stepping in for the absent Gigi Buffon.

“Only a blind person can’t see what I am doing and I hope the Coach is not blind,” he stated at the Olimpico.

“I move to Roma instead of Buffon? I have never hidden the fact that I am a Roma fan, but the truth is that I am happy at Juventus and I want to earn some space here.”

Storari joined the Turin giants in the summer given that the club needed a replacement for the injured Buffon.

The former Sampdoria ‘keeper performed well in the first half of the season, but lost the gloves once a fully-fit Buffon returned at the start of 2011.

Del Neri was told of Storari’s strong statement, but he responded by insisting that Buffon is on another level.

“I’m not blind,” the tactician noted. “Storari has a champion in front of him in Buffon.

“I want to thank Marco for what he did against Roma and I hope that he stays with Juventus – even if he doesn’t play.”

Storari will make a decision on his future in the summer, but much will depend on whether Buffon stays or goes.

He's deaf and dumb too unfortunately Marco

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Yeah you had a good game Marco, but you too have let easy goals this season on many occasions.
You cant over take Buffon in one night, take it easy and calm TF down.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
it's a hard decision to make now between him and gigi
Not at all. Buffon is Buffon and he's my number 1 choice any day any time, any week any second. No two ways about it.

Storari can play good for two matches and then he can return to his usual standard. Buffon is the world's greatest keeper ever. As simple as that.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
^^ well said. If you like Roma you better go there then.
In the words of lil wayne: No love lost, No love found

We can also make some profit on this guy.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
Marco Storari has made his claim for a first team shirt at Juventus. “I hope the Coach is not blind,” he noted.

Storari played an instrumental role in the 2-0 win at Roma last night when he made some decisive saves after stepping in for the absent Gigi Buffon.

“Only a blind person can’t see what I am doing and I hope the Coach is not blind,” he stated at the Olimpico.

“I move to Roma instead of Buffon? I have never hidden the fact that I am a Roma fan, but the truth is that I am happy at Juventus and I want to earn some space here.”

Storari joined the Turin giants in the summer given that the club needed a replacement for the injured Buffon.

The former Sampdoria ‘keeper performed well in the first half of the season, but lost the gloves once a fully-fit Buffon returned at the start of 2011.

Del Neri was told of Storari’s strong statement, but he responded by insisting that Buffon is on another level.

“I’m not blind,” the tactician noted. “Storari has a champion in front of him in Buffon.

“I want to thank Marco for what he did against Roma and I hope that he stays with Juventus – even if he doesn’t play.”

Storari will make a decision on his future in the summer, but much will depend on whether Buffon stays or goes.

He's deaf and dumb too unfortunately Marco
Well said.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Very unprofessional of him, to be honest. Buffon would never make that kind of statement.
Not only that, Gigi in-fact has always welcomed him to fight for the 1st spot when he returned back from injury. Even when he was sidelined he was always taking the chance to praise Marco. I just don't like this guy's attitude, really.

He was never among one of the best keepers, never proved himself on the highest level never has been 50% of Gigi's talent and now all of sudden he thinks he can easily take the number 1 place and replace the world's greatest keeper ever. :sergio:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Who is currently more in form? Storari. Gigi is still easing back into it but he is going to struggle for a little while.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Gigi needs more time working hard on the sidelines to bring back his best game and find form like Storari has obviously been doing. I don't deny that Storari is half the player Buffon is but I'm a realist and his form has been below average which was evident when he almost cost us against Brescia. Its not like working on your game off the field isn't beneficial and he NEEDS to play to improve. Performances like Storari's against Roma are not by accident. In my opinion it comes down to the hard work he's clearly put in. Now its Gigi's turn.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I doubt it's much of a physical thing with Gigi anyway. His movement and some of the saves he's been making has been fine recently and he apparently had a great game for the Azzurri last week. His confidence is shattered like the rest of the team and that is something that he won;t regain by being dropped. Storari had been fine for us when Buffon was injured but he also made a lot of basic errors that were overlooked because he was seen as the backup. His timing coming out of the box and his weakness when going for crosses were evident. So it's not like even when he's on form, we won't miss Buffon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)