Marco Storari (5 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
Amazing.

We actually get to choose between Gigi and Marco, while other teams around Europe can't count on one decent GK.

I feel bad for Storari that he's only a second choice, he's too good. I don't want him to leave us, but I feel sorry for him. Tough situation.

This guy is an amazing GK and a perfect underrated, for years. Brilliant performance tonight.

FORZA MARCO

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Meh the fashion we received both Matri and Quagliarella in, i.e. signing Italian FWs out of desperation blights both transfers somewhat.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He was so good! He won't be around though next season, he's too good to sit on the bench and Gigi is too young and too much of a legend to play anywhere else.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
A number of us (who had actually paid attention to the man's career) called it a good move from the off.
I didn't criticize the move at the time, but in hindsight I would say that I had some internal trepidation about that decision, considering it involved us spending more on a 2nd string GK than we had spent on fullbacks (our biggest weakness for years) in the previous, what, 3+ years combined?

Grosso+Motta+Traore+Sorenson cost less than 4.5M I think...

:D

And knowing Gigi was going to be absent for an extended period, we certainly needed to do something after the Manninger/Chimenti debacle from the previous season.

Anyway, it's a nice move that has worked out quite well for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)