Marco Storari (35 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
"At this point I'm sure. I'm worthy of the Nazionale. At the moment Viviano, Sirigu and Mirante have little experience, particularly for international level, and I feel I can join this group. It's one of my goals."

I think after last season and this season so far he should be in there, instead of Mirante and pushing Viviano.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Probably, although I can understand why Prandelli is getting younger keepers in. However age is not the same factor for goalkeepers, Storari has years left in him, especially by Italian keeper standards. I'd like to see Buffon, Viviano and Storari as the main three by next summer. When you consider Sirigu and Mirante are currently there, guys like Sorrentino and Agazzi being praised a lot, and Marchetti who has been frozen out until January there is so much depth in that position so apart from Buffon when he is fit no one is assured of a place.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Storari on Italy and his future
Marco Storari insists he deserves to be in the Italy squad and concedes that he may leave Juventus once Gigi Buffon returns to action.

The 33-year-old joined Juve in the summer, by signing a contract until 2013, given that first choice Buffon would be sidelined with injury until January.

After a difficult start, the veteran is now performing well, so well that he believes he should be in Cesare Prandelli’s national team plans.

“It seems impossible for me not to be in the squad,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday.

“History tells us that if a goalkeeper plays for Juve, Milan or Inter, he isn’t foreign and is playing well then they end up in the national squad.

“They have experience and know how much certain jerseys weigh.

“My 33 years can’t be a problem, because the role of a goalkeeper is a unique one.

“Emiliano Viviano, Salvatore Sirigu and Antonio Mirante will be amongst the top goalkeepers in the world in a few years time, but right now they lack experience.”

Turning to Juventus, Storari admitted that he’d like to stay with the Old Lady but he may be forced to assess his options next summer once Buffon is back.

“The directors who took me to Sampdoria signed me for Juventus, they know me and my ideas,” he added.

“At my age I don’t want to sit on the bench, I want to play.

“If I don’t get that opportunity at Juventus then I will calmly evaluate my situation, even if I want to lay some roots here.”

http://www.football-italia.net/nov26i.html

---

Understandable. He's too good to be anyone's backup.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Even Buffon?:howler: Where was Storari all his footballing career? Buffon is world's best goalkeeper on this planet. He can play for any other team if he wants first 11 but to say he's too good to be Gigi's bench warmer is a bit too much IMO. Buffon's place should be always guaranteed.

Nothing is safer than having Gigi back there.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He can find a place at Milan back, Roma, United probably? Arsenal, Liverpool.

But he's still miles and miles way behind Buffon, Casillas, JC, and PC.

It's amazing how some of you rush always into overrating players. Some seem to enjoy it.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
He can find a place at Milan back, Roma, United probably? Arsenal, Liverpool.

But he's still miles and miles way behind Buffon, Casillas, JC, and PC.

It's amazing how some of you rush always into overrating players. Some seem to enjoy it.
Blah, blah, blah, "overrating", blah, blah, blah.

The issue is not whether there are keepers out there better than he is, obviously there are a number that are, it's whether he's too good to be sitting on a bench (regardless of the team) when he could easily be starting somewhere else at a comparable level.

Try using your brain next time you, intentionally or otherwise, misconstrue a point.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
“It seems impossible for me not to be in the squad,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday.

“History tells us that if a goalkeeper plays for Juve, Milan or Inter, he isn’t foreign and is playing well then they end up in the national squad..
i liked this parts

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i donno why you guys argue about the gk position..we have buffon + the subs and that's it...no arguing. We gotta get our superman back to his shape quickly..Leave storari for the coppa. If he doesn't agree he can go away in the summer, i don't care

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)