Marco Storari (11 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I think I agree with Adriano here. When Gigi comes back Storari should be looking for a new club since he would be wasting his talents on a bench. Hopefully he agrees to stay since that would be amazing for us but I can't really expect him to stick around.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
He's not far away. I personally think Cech is overrated these days. Van Der Saar for his age is still number one in the Premiership.

Hart
VDS
Given

Are all better keepers than Cech in my opinion.
I agree about VDS, Hart has just 1 season and the current one on his career, i don't think a comparison is fair at all. And Given, well, he's a good keeper and all but i haven't seen enough matches of him to make a comparison as i don't like to watch City.

I agree that after his injury Cech wasn't the same but c'mon, he's better than Storari and in the current season he has regained a lot of his confidence & form, some of the saves he's made this season have been really great.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Hey guys, if he want first team football, no one can blame him for that. He is not tied sentimentally to this team, and he wans to play!. He is in all his right to demand a move if Buffon means he will be sitting in the bench week after week.

That said, i would love him to be buffon´s back up, but he doesnt want that so...

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I agree about VDS, Hart has just 1 season and the current one on his career, i don't think a comparison is fair at all. And Given, well, he's a good keeper and all but i haven't seen enough matches of him to make a comparison as i don't like to watch City.

I agree that after his injury Cech wasn't the same but c'mon, he's better than Storari and in the current season he has regained a lot of his confidence & form, some of the saves he's made this season have been really great.
He is better than Storari but it's not such a big gap. The injur to Cech stopped him being one of Europe's best, such a shame really.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah he was probably too inexperienced, but the step up he made was ridiculous, he was playing for Racing Club Warwick only a few years before.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Storari was always on Rab's hate-list for some reason. Just take a look at his comments after every game. :D

I hope he stays and remain a backup for Buffon. As much as I like Marco, Buffon is irreplaceable in his position.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I just hope Buffon's injury doesn't come back to bother him. Took him off for a long time and it's the freakin back.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Given has been around for a long time. I'd say he's better than Hart and maybe Van der Saar.

Cech? Not now, probably.

We got rid of Van der Sucks because he kept swatting at crosses like a little baby. He's overrated.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
S
However, Storari is at too high a level to be sitting on a bench (highest rated Serie A player last season, and probably the most in-form keeper for this one). He knows this well enough, himself, as he'd have no shortage of offers for a starting shirt somewhere else should he opt to leave us.
I think this is a bit like calling Paro the next Fabregas, really.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Indeed, Given was the most consistently good keeper in the Prem for a long time. Incredibly underrated, can't believe he didn't head to Manure or Arsenal.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
No, but I wouldn't agree with that either. Buffon is the main man here, and in world football. Storari is good but I wouldn't call him a top ten keeper or something.
He's not a top ten in world keeper but he is better than almost every other keeper in Serie A. He shouldn't be sitting on a bench at this stage in his career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)