Marco Storari (8 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
:rolleyes: Yeah, sure. Definitely, based on nothing at all. So now Manninger is a reliable option. Truth is, he has cost us goals and points, just as all average keepers will.

Storari hasn't done well so far, but Manninger is an extremely weak goalkeeper mentally. He is an excellent shot stopper, but has little else to his game. He doesn't dominate his area at all, he has poor communication with his defence (numerous examples, including Poznan), he is not great one on one and doesn't read the game well as a sweeper. He's the sort of goalkeeper who will silently concede goals that others will stop, and avoid criticism from people who don't understand these aspects of goalkeeping. But then he'll make a great agility save and people will think 'what a great keeper'.

Believe me, if Manninger comes in it'll only be a matter of time before he costs us. Either way, when a team is conceding goals the goalkeeper will always be looked at. Even Buffon lost his mystique playing in the garbage sides last year, took criticism, that's life.
Do you really want to compare Storari and Manniger based on Manniger performance against Poznan? I really disagree with you. First, Storari already played several games with this current backline since the EL and Bari while Manniger just got chance against Poznan. As people know GK tends need more time played to become comfort with his backline and grow the confidence..

Also which goal Manni conceded against Poznan that avoidable.. the 1st goal is penalty kick, and i doubt even Storari can save it. The 2nd goal Manni already block the one-on-one and then there is the scrimmage and the ball goes sideaway when DC and Lanza completely ball watching so it is an open goal.. And the 3rd goal goes into the top right corner, it can be avoidable but it still hard seeing how the ball fly into our goal..

Also Storari concede the pretty same goal like Poznan 3rd goal, do you see Donati's goal when we lost against Bari, that also fly to Storari top right corner and Storari can't prevent it..

Then compare it with Pozzi's first goal against us, Cassano goal, or Palermo 2nd goal, or Palermo 1st goal which he block the ball to the middle of the pitch, or Bovo's free kick.. Then make judgement based on it..

I don't hate Storari but seeing he is beaten easily, i really want to give a chance at least for Manniger who already prove can be reliable when he replace Buffon last season

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Nope, I base my opinion of Manninger on having watched him for 13 years never make it at a decent side.

Just from his time at Juve, is this good goalkeeping?: Or this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Cs2MaAPoI#t=0m6s
Or this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEYULu31ppY#t=0m53s
Or this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_UqGac4GTQ#t=2m16s
Or this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHhyYM3P0tc#t=2m14s
Or this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuqleGHdJ7A#t=1m35s
Or this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ffYvIPZ9W0#t=0m39s

These are just examples. He never gives any impression that he is under control, and the defence suffers directly from it. He is a decent keeper who can fill in. But that's all. Sure, Manninger might save a couple of high shots that Storari hasn't, but then he is inferior in most other areas, which is my point. Fans just look at shots and expect keepers to save them. Other areas, nothing. But by all means, let's play this 'reliable' Manninger, he makes nice saves after all.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Storari was very dissapointing, I know the defence put him on the spot, but I see plenty of competent goalies rebounding to the sides, not just forward for maximum danger. And the less said about the 3rd goal, the better...

Apr 17, 2009
Agreed, never really been above average.

Going back to the game last night, I'd say Storari was disappointing.
No doubt man. Storari was bad last night especially on Bovo's FK. That was just painful because he got over to it in time but then he just collapsed to avoid the post. Just bad keeping.

Although Storari is quite good at handling one-on-one's. A shame he punches the ball back out in front of the goal most of the time though. Still backups are backups, ad once superman is back and healed up fully hopefully they both see minimal game time.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
Yeah. Who cares on having only 1 good goalkeeper for over 5 months, with no guarantee that Buffon will return to his best? It's not that our squad suffers from any injury crisis or so.

Stupid Marotta. :rolleyes:
We can always give a chance to Pinsoglio if Manninger gets injured. Given Storari's "quality", it's the same thing, just a lot cheaper.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We can always give a chance to Pinsoglio if Manninger gets injured. Given Storari's "quality", it's the same thing, just a lot cheaper.
So now it's the same thing having either Pinsoglio or Storari?

EDIT: The forum went berserk yesterday once Storari made the mistake on the 3rd goal. Now imagine a Primavera GK playing at the highest Italian level, with no Serie A experience whatsoever, imagine the reactions we'll all have here with the first (possibly many) mistakes he does.

And all this, at an expense of 4.5M for the best Serie A keeper of last season. Yeah, very bad deal there.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
So now it's the same thing having either Pinsoglio or Storari?

EDIT: The forum went berserk yesterday once Storari made the mistake on the 3rd goal. Now imagine a Primavera GK playing at the highest Italian level, with no Serie A experience whatsoever, imagine the reactions we'll all have here with the first (possibly many) mistakes he does.

And all this, at an expense of 4.5M for the best Serie A keeper of last season. Yeah, very bad deal there.
Pinsoglio would be a sub, not a starter, you have to keep that in mind. We bought Storari at 4 million to be our new starter until Buffon comes back, that's my criticism, we could have used those 4 million in a better way.

Manninger is just as good, if not better than him and I would prefer to give chances to someone in our Primavera rather than waste a significant amount of money on players that aren't any better than what we currently have (oh, but that's right, Storari is Italian and a keeper, that magically makes him amazing in Marotta's eyes...eye, whatever).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Oh right, I wondered how long it would take before the 'he is Italian' line would come out. Pathetic. Ironically this same person wants Pinsoglio in goal, because he can't be any worse, seems about right. It's a shame Pinsoglio is in Viareggio, but anyhow...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Oh right, I wondered how long it would take before the 'he is Italian' line would come out. Pathetic. Ironically this same person wants Pinsoglio in goal, because he can't be any worse, seems about right. It's a shame Pinsoglio is in Viareggio, but anyhow...
And on top of that, another comment about Marotta's eyes.
don't worry guys, us real Italians have to stick together :dule:

Mar 9, 2006
nothing he could do on the goals, was sold down the river by his CBs.

that save off the header was spectacular, good job.
2nd goal is his mistake too, probably u heard about Vladimir Maslachenko, on of the greatest goalkeepers in ussr/russia history and he is serie a commentator on NTV+ which broadcast serie a in russia, so he said that 2nd goal is Storari error too, not only defenders mistake, because he must read situation like that was and he saw that matri start to run and he has run out of the goalkeepers zone and catch the ball, or try to do it anyway!:bianconero: but he didn't do it.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)