Marco Storari (7 Viewers)

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
a bad buying I think, chimenti needed to be replaced with youth keeper not somone as old as the team 2nd GK

speaking of youth GK, who are our youth GKs nowdays? are they bad? if not then why the waste on storari?
Marco Constantino is our 1st choice gk in our Primavera and is also 3rd choice gk for the first team after Storari i Maninger (as Buffon is still injured). You should have in mind that Maninger`s contract will expire at the end of the season, and I seriously doubt it that the club will offer him a renewal. So, we can start the next season with Buffon 1st choice, Storari as back-up and Constantino as 3rd choice, but only time will tell... ;)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Chimenti lol. Manninger is a good keeper, but has never been anything more. He's also a bit weak mentally. He is fine as a number 2, and that is what he is, Storari is here to play number 1 whilst Buffon is injured. He was the best keeper in Serie A last year, an accolade I am more likely to achieve than Manninger, so it's a bit knee-jerky to talk Storari down based on what in my opinion have been some solid games. I think the problem here is that some don't like his demeanor, and the fact he hasn't making miracle saves, so think we are just as well playing Manninger.

Looking around his pagelle for the games so far (ratings by Il Sussidiario):

Shamrock-Juve 6
Juve-Shamrock 6.5
Sturm-Juve 6
Juve-Sturm 6
Bari-Juve 6.5
Juve-Sampdoria 5.5

Seems like one off game and it's rash decision time, but what else is new around here.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
not his fult that the greatest keeper in history can't stay healthy for more than a week a season.Storari playes like a mediocre reserve he is

awit

Jan 10, 2010
As much as I love Buffon, if he doesn't stay healthy for the spring when he comes back we really need to get a real replacment for him

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I've seen Buffon do that plenty of times, the difference is his defence didn't stand and watch and the opponents rarely put his parried shot into the ground, over him and into about the only position the ball can go in the net. I was more annoyed with the free kick goal, he looked leaden footed. But then look at the first goal, he made a great save that he had no chance of directing, and the defence was nowhere to be seen again. Palermo had some breaks tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)