Marco Storari (12 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I wouldn't criticise the signing, because he was excellent last season and most of us agreed that it was a wise signing given the circumstances. But let Manny play the next game please.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
Another useless transfer by Marotta,will anyone please tell me in which thing is Storari better than Alex?
He is better at being Italian of course! Manny can't say "Mamma Mia!" properly if his life depended on it. :p

Seriously, why isn't Manninger playing again?? I think he earned it with his performances last season.

I wouldn't criticise the signing, because he was excellent last season and most of us agreed that it was a wise signing given the circumstances. But let Manny play the next game please.
I would, we didn't need him, we had Manninger at a similar level if not better. Why waste 4 million Euro on this guy??

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Why did he dodge Bovo's shot? He literally dodged it like it was a meteor or something.
hohohohohoohohohohohoho!...that did make me chuckle. But now i am seriously in need of seeing this goal, as i can't believe that Storari actually intentionally dodged a shot...the last thing we need, when our defence is rarely solid, is a keeper afraid of the ball.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Buffon looked hopeless last year but it wasn't because he had a bad game it was because the defense that was supposed to protect him sucked. Don't blame the goalies for this loss or any other poor performances this season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Buffon looked hopeless last year but it wasn't because he had a bad game it was because the defense that was supposed to protect him sucked. Don't blame the goalies for this loss or any other poor performances this season.
Yeah, he doesn't deserve to be scapegoated. But Manninger is still the better keeper. He should play.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I would, we didn't need him, we had Manninger at a similar level if not better. Why waste 4 million Euro on this guy??
Yeah. Who cares on having only 1 good goalkeeper for over 5 months, with no guarantee that Buffon will return to his best? It's not that our squad suffers from any injury crisis or so.

Stupid Marotta. :rolleyes:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Manninger is definitely better. But folks forgot about some of his performances last year, some of which saved us big time.
:rolleyes: Yeah, sure. Definitely, based on nothing at all. So now Manninger is a reliable option. Truth is, he has cost us goals and points, just as all average keepers will.

Storari hasn't done well so far, but Manninger is an extremely weak goalkeeper mentally. He is an excellent shot stopper, but has little else to his game. He doesn't dominate his area at all, he has poor communication with his defence (numerous examples, including Poznan), he is not great one on one and doesn't read the game well as a sweeper. He's the sort of goalkeeper who will silently concede goals that others will stop, and avoid criticism from people who don't understand these aspects of goalkeeping. But then he'll make a great agility save and people will think 'what a great keeper'.

Believe me, if Manninger comes in it'll only be a matter of time before he costs us. Either way, when a team is conceding goals the goalkeeper will always be looked at. Even Buffon lost his mystique playing in the garbage sides last year, took criticism, that's life.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
:rolleyes: Yeah, sure. Definitely, based on nothing at all. So now Manninger is a reliable option. Truth is, he has cost us goals and points, just as all average keepers will.

Storari hasn't done well so far, but Manninger is an extremely weak goalkeeper mentally. He is an excellent shot stopper, but has little else to his game. He doesn't dominate his area at all, he has poor communication with his defence (numerous examples, including Poznan), he is not great one on one and doesn't read the game well as a sweeper. He's the sort of goalkeeper who will silently concede goals that others will stop, and avoid criticism from people who don't understand these aspects of goalkeeping. But then he'll make a great agility save and people will think 'what a great keeper'.

Believe me, if Manninger comes in it'll only be a matter of time before he costs us. Either way, when a team is conceding goals the goalkeeper will always be looked at. Even Buffon lost his mystique playing in the garbage sides last year, took criticism, that's life.
:tup:

Apr 17, 2009
Manninger was very poor at times last year.

That being said Storari has been poor at times for us too.

They're both backup. That's it. We don't have the money to go out and get another Gk who is starter material so we have to persevere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)