Marco Motta - D R - Roma/Udinese (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
Can you imagine not posting Gio linking with DP in a Motta transfer section. Anyway I think getting Motta on-loan with option would be absolutely brilliant.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I used to like Motta as a right back when he was with the U21s of Italy a few years ago. Has never really got a chance at club level though

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I like the idea of motta as well. We have De Ceglie for left back who looks like a good future prospect, but the right we only have grygera who is solid, but not great, Zebina who has never been good enough and Mellberg who is in the same boat as Zebina, but a little better.

As for Giovinco, I can't see how he couldnt get his chance. The club should put faith in him as the playmaker behind the forwards, and spend wisely on finding Chiellini a partner in defence, and and making sure the the oldies are going ot be covered, ie. camoranesi, del piero.

Mar 30, 2006
I like the idea of motta as well. We have De Ceglie for left back who looks like a good future prospect, but the right we only have grygera who is solid, but not great, Zebina who has never been good enough and Mellberg who is in the same boat as Zebina, but a little better.

As for Giovinco, I can't see how he couldnt get his chance. The club should put faith in him as the playmaker behind the forwards, and spend wisely on finding Chiellini a partner in defence, and and making sure the the oldies are going ot be covered, ie. camoranesi, del piero.
Zebina is not a bad player. It is just he has had endless injury problems. But when he does play he is good. He just needs a run of games when he gets back. But we do need cover for RB I would think because it is almost like Zebina is not even one of our players he has been injured most of the time Ranieri has been here

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Now Motta is a player who has caught my eye whenever I've watched Udinese. Not too certain about his defensive capabilities, but a loan move sounds good.

Geof

May 14, 2004
He has my vote. A loan deal would be great so we have better cover of RB (I wonder if Zebina will ever play for us again, and I'm still not a fan of Grygera) and we can assess him to see whether it'd be worth buying him in the summer.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Zebina is not a bad player. It is just he has had endless injury problems. But when he does play he is good. He just needs a run of games when he gets back. But we do need cover for RB I would think because it is almost like Zebina is not even one of our players he has been injured most of the time Ranieri has been here

I disagree, Zebina played some good agmes for us and was solid at times, but he never impressed enough to bank money on him as our starting right back. And that injuries aside.

Grygera is more capable in my opinion..not world class but more solid and trustworthy in my opinion.

Anyway, even though i would like to see someone with more experience then Motta, he is a good choice as cover for Grygera right now.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I can see Motta arriving quicker than we think if we are reportedly 'without a defence' due to 7 influenza sufferers and Poulsen having a setback in his recovery.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I think Motta might be a good solution for Juve. He's the typical type of transfer we are used to. Serie-A proven, Italian,... I consider him a big talent. He's played some u21 games with italy, and he might be just what we need on RB. I consider Zebina gone. We're probably not going to sell him (who'd want him...) but he's never going to be a reliable player anymore. Grygera will just have to go on and on and on. And considering how many games we have and how much he runs up and down that flank, i must give all my respect to that guy. nevertheless we cannot possibly rely on one single person to do the job. Mellberg did fine but he's a DC, his crosses and forward runs are nowhere near grygera's. Motta would fit there, backup (or 3rd choice if it comes really bad) and then slowly taking over the RB position once grygera needs more rest in the coming years. Why not give it a shot. i prefer him over a mattioni every time, because at least we know what we're getting...

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Read from C4 that it is believed that Secco has open up talks on taking him on loan and buying him outright for £2.5m in the summer.

Apparently, D’Agostino was also mentioned.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I really hoped this would happen, he is more balanced then De Ceglie, but quite good offensively too, but it seems like him coming has just been empty rumours.

Btw, maybe some of you didnt realise, but we would have to loan him from Torino :D Have we ever loaned someone from them? :p

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
When did Torino sell him? Last I knew, he was on loan from Torino to Udinese.

Or was it perhaps vice verca? That he was on loan last season in Torino, from Udinese.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I think Motta was on loan to Torino last season but has since been recalled back at Udinese ...

He was always a Udinese player since they bought him from Atalanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)